List of fish/invert natural predators to common Pests

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have never heard of any fish dying from interceptor. I am dosing right now on my second week and it has had no effect on any of my fish.

Also yes the person who I got the red bug from has a beautifull thriving tank with the red bug. I think it depends on the size and quantity of the sps corals in your tank, as well as how much maintenance you do (I am a lazy reefer). I only had 2 small frags of sps and they had hundreds of red bugs on them and the frags although lasting months slowly died. I was actually able to save 1/2" of the tip of one of the frags by treating it multiple times with melafix, though it barely worked untill I got the interceptor.

I am happy to have finally gotten the interceptor to get rid of this problem. My corals immediately looked better after I treated with great PE. All I lost was a peppermint (which I have been trying to catch for many months) and 5 hermits. My porceline crab is still ok after the second treatment, as well as all my fish, anemone, snails, and some amphipods are still to be found.

The red bug problem has been the only major problem I have had with my reef tank. I think it is just because interceptor is not sold in the lfs. If it was people would do it all the time and we would be able to buy frags from people and not get them.

At least this will make me treat every coral before I put it in the tank. I should have done this anyway, but like I said I am a lazy reefer ;)

Good info from everyone.

Well, I'm holding off for now on the Interceptor. There doesn't seem to be that many, certainly not hundreds. But I do have it handy should that change.

I don't think a pipefish would make it in my tank because I think a couple of my tangs would probably kill it in short order. They are kind of aggressive. Thanks again for the info.

Most fish ignore Pipefish and treat them as Mandarin Dragonets completely ignoring them. I have 5 tangs that all ignore them.

Regards,
Kevin

Back