Live rock help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I cancelled my order on those.

Well, then maybe when you are ready you could get those cool Vortech powerheads Chuck wanted for Christmas...I know I want one!

I am trying to think of the best plumbing system. I was going to go skimmer > fuge > return

That's how I have mine setup. My overflow drains into my sump where my skimmer's pump is, then it spills over into the "fuge" section, and then spills over again into the return chamber. Seems like the best way IMO.

One of the end chambers on the sump tank has a smal piece of acyrilic going over the top w/ a hole in it, does not cover the whole top. It that where the water should enter the system? And the protien skimmer pump would be in that chamber? It is the hang-on type.

Sounds about right if I'm understanding you correctly. Have any pictures? I'll run down and take a shot of mine in the different stages so you could see how it is set up. Like I've said before, ours is similar by the pic you showed me.

Anyway, I hope all is well. How are your clowns? I have been looking into getting a background like you did. I like that look. Are you ready to add more to the system yet?

All is well here...Thanks...And the clowns are good too. They are struggling a bit with the flow since adding the sea-swirl, but I think they will be alright. As for adding on to my system, I just added the sea-swirl 2 days ago, so I think I'm going to lay low for a while before my wife has a fit(LO) Tanks are expensive things to have here in the Bahamas as with anything because of customs duty. So far, with what I have running, I'm somewhere between $3,500.00-$4,000.00. I won't even get into what I've actually spent this year on other junk and $100 discus when I had a freshwater setup(LOL). I'll see if I can get those pics for ya...

Back