live rock on the internet

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dino

Has anyone ever tried the "Premium Deco Live Rock" from Live Rock and Reef? Is it as good as it looks on their web site?

I never heard of them but that doesn't mean one way or the other. Try to buy from someone that you know has a good rep! IMO the better way to go.

tanks from people on craigslist that are breaking them down are always a good source of liverock too - often these people are in such a hurry to get the water out you can get a really good deal on the LR - just make sure you see it in the tank first before they give it to you so you can get a good idea of how many pests are on it..

Me, personally, I prefer dry rock - no pests :) It'll color up in 6 months or less and you will never know it was dry as a bone when you got it, and you pay 1/2 the price :D - and +2 on the marco rocks suggestion, his is always the best quality!!

I always boil my rock and dry it dead. Like estonache said it colors up anyway and you can grab like 1 small nice rock to seed sponges and such.

I didn't mind "rolling" the dice and purchased pieces of LR from local retailers. I got the exact rocks I wanted and was very happy with the selection I attained over the couple of years I had my tank before it was given away while I was deployed...

Is Macro rock a supplier or is it the type of rock. I assume it's the type of rock but wanted to clarify. I have some old rock that is dead and it just needs to be cleaned up. It's really cool rock so I think that I am going to go that route and save some money and headache of possible pests. Then I will probably buy a couple of nice pieces to add to them.

On top of that marco rock can get you those cool custom pieces you need ti supplement what you already have.

Back