Live Rock Suppliers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Frankie

RF Premium Member
Hello everyone,
As I work on my new build I am also thinking ahead for stuff I will need and LR is one of them.
I gave all my rock away when I shut down my 120 last year and am on the hunt for light, branching LR that is very fresh. This will be going in a shallow display tank. Flow through and around the rock is very important to me.
So lets see your rock and who your supplier is.
Thanks, Frank

Hello everyone,
As I work on my new build I am also thinking ahead for stuff I will need and LR is one of them.
I gave all my rock away when I shut down my 120 last year and am on the hunt for light, branching LR that is very fresh. This will be going in a shallow display tank. Flow through and around the rock is very important to me.
So lets see your rock and who your supplier is.
Thanks, Frank

I would look at Marco Rocks and suppliment with some live from an existing tank of a friend or from the LFS

If you can start with dead rock, check out Bulk Reef Supply too. I like their Pukani, and they also sell Tonga branch:

1zx8aa0.jpg

311mkx0.jpg

I bought some really nice live rock from liveaquaria.com
They had some big stuff in when I bought.
I got a couple 20lb pieces a 30lb. piece and some asorted smaller ones.

A friend of mine got a box from gulf-view.com and it was awesome stuff, 30 pounds completely caked in coralline with two mantis shrimp and pretty much a full cleanup crew plus all kinds of sponges and macros. They hustle it all to the airport so its only out of the water for 8 hours or so.

I got some sealife inc live rock second-hand and it was nice too but I ended up having to cook it due to grape caulerpa...

ARSA gets his rock in really fresh.

It's some of the nicest LR I've seen. It often comes in with assortments of macro still attached to it that is still living.

The premium pieces (With lots of life) go really fast, like hours of him getting it in.

I thought "branching live rock" was tonga rock, and I thought it was shut down last year or the year before.

I thought so also bigblue but I found several retailers that supply it? I am glad because that is the rock I am wanting.
As for the Florida rock, Yep, it is the freshest you can get, but the hitch hikers are not good ones (crabs, mantis shrimp, and a few different algae all undesirable) so I am looking for imported rock not domestic.
Great suggestions everyone! This thread should be very helpful for our future reefers also :)

I thought so also bigblue but I found several retailers that supply it? I am glad because that is the rock I am wanting.
As for the Florida rock, Yep, it is the freshest you can get, but the hitch hikers are not good ones (crabs, mantis shrimp, and a few different algae all undesirable) so I am looking for imported rock not domestic.
Great suggestions everyone! This thread should be very helpful for our future reefers also :)

I can get you some from Louisiana, live and comes with free lubricated coating!:lol:

I'm pretty sure ARSA's rock comes in from over seas. It's about 18 hours from the ocean to his shop.

His rock is def not FL rock.

Back