Live Rock

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

nanami

Hi,

I am new to the area (GigHarbor) and also new to Marine Aquaiums. I am in the process of setting up a 150g tank and I was wondering what the best source for reasonably priced Live Rock is in the Seattle/Tacoma area.
Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I saw that Blue Sierra had Fiji Base rock for $3.99/lb during their big sale. I dont know what kind you want, but that might be a good deal...

If you are in Gig Harbor I would say that you need to check out The Shark Reef in Silverdale.... Eric showed me some pics of the quality of rock that he gets in and it is amazing!!!!

I will jump in and 2nd The Shark Reef! Its located in Silverdale, down the Clear Creek exit. I have heard a few people that have purchased Eric's rock... and only had a small Amonia spike. I'm not sure of his price, but it is nice rock.

Thanks, I 'll check out the Shark Tank.
Up to know I have just been going to Aquarium Paradise South of Tacoma.

Yep, I saw pics of the Shark Reef rock at the vendor event and it was very nics shapes. I'd give them a look and see if you like what you see. As stated above, Blue Sierra almost always has rock in stock, best to catch it on sale if possible. If you are setting up neew, you could also mail order from one of our sponsors (sometimes cheaper than buying local, but you get what you get).

Took a quick trip up to The Shark Reef today. They had a fair bit of rock but it seemed a bit expensive so I decided to shop around for a bit more.
Awsome display tank he has set up there though.

locally you arent going to find stuff for as cheap as online. I pay 10bux a pound for LR down here but with Eric the more you buy the more you save because he works with his customers. Glad you went out and checked out his place though, I think I am headed up there tomorrow to see what he has.

I see a Blue Sierra list on Factoria Blvd but in Bellevue not Issaqua.
Is this the store you are refering to or is there another?

Thanks

Back