LiveRock supplier

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
if you were closer I would sell you some rock.
but check out premium aquatics I was very happy with the kaelini I got from there + they hand picked it for me I was able to tell them size and shape I was looking for and they sent me what I asked for!

esears said:
Not sure what your budget is, but this is where I plan on getting my next stuff for my soon to be nano.

http://www.tampabaysaltwater.com/thepackage/package_chart.html

Its probably a bit expensive but I've heard nothing but good things about them.
just curiuos if it is uncured rock?? trying to figure out why they would package together live animals and rock when a curing process would have to be done.....

that rock from tampa bay looks nice, but not nice enough for $6.00lbplus shipping....

It is sent in two different parts. They send you the first part of rock + sand that is aqua-cultured from Florida, then after your tank cycles after 3-4 weeks or however long it takes, they send you the remainder of the packaging.

The best roc I have ever seen is in Mike o'briens tank. really big peices. It would be like 4 big peices for a 180. he cut flat bottoms and stood them up.

ronj said:
i really don't want to buy it from liveaquaria again...it was garbage... i would like some reasonably priced rock:D

I just got 60lbs from them. One box only had two pieces in it and the other had three.:D

how did they look?? what kind did you buy??? i bought my very first rock ever there..it was nice...i tried them again m onths later and it looked like a block of concrete...i contacted them and they said they would send out some new rock and it wouldn't look like the last batch...it was a little better...there was one good piece..it was huge, so i kept it...i don't want to try them again really.

bought figi lr from them....anyway, i just found some walt smith LR on ebay for like $2.25lb...i think i am going to order about 70lbs for my new tank...shipping is less than $20.00...it kinda sounds too good to be true..i checked out customer comments though.

THey're all Walt Smith....its the same stuff...repackaged...reboxed...opened...unopened...etc.

IMO........I'd get a 45lb box of the Premium Fiji from liveaquaria.com onsale for $80 this week, and get some nicer pieces of a different type of rock to top it off.

NO use getting expensive type of rock and placing it on the bottom.

Best,
Ilham

I was not happy with my fly infested rock from live aquaria. it was out of the water so long fly larva hatched and when I opened the box like 20 flies came out. all small boulders too. it really depends on the rock and where it comes from. IMO get something that you will like, and not just settle with.

that is exactly the same w/ my rock...tons of flies and larvae from liveaquaria.....i just found a really good deal at reefermadness.com......the rock in the pics looks really nice....has anyone ordered it from there before

ReeferMadness????? has anyone bought figi LR from them???? anyone? anyone? going once!!!! going twice!!!!

ronj said:
ReeferMadness????? has anyone bought figi LR from them???? anyone? anyone? going once!!!! going twice!!!!

Notice that...the rocks all come from the same place...walt smith stuff..

the only difference is what is done when they get it. some places just get it transhipped in walt smith boxes....while others open it and cure it at their place and repackage later.

The ones who do the latter seem to have better coralline coverage...

Best,
Ilham

i will settle for average coralline coverage....that stuffs grows fast in my tank....i just don't want garbage rocks with no shape like i got from liveaquaria.com

Back