livestock wholesale ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wa1980

i am looking for a marine livestock wholesaler. I am looking to open a saltwater only store in the northern part of the state.

Dustin

I put this thread in the PSAS forum, as I don't know much about where the cities are located in your state. I assume you want attention from your area of the country.

At any rate, I do know one of the RF sponsors is wholesale. Although, they are closer to my part of the country. Here's a link if you are interested: http://eyecatchingcoral.com/

a lake stevens salt water only store is trying to find new owners it is pretty north...maybe you could just buy the livestock or something a ton of LR and corals and tanks

Island

is there enough busines on the Island to make it work?

At first i thought about Burlington, But come to find out there are a lot more Reefer's on the island then you would think. I am still looking for a open location in oak harbor.

I want to be able to provide a service to saltwater geeks like myself.... so that we dont have to drive all the way down south or to bellingham to get the things we need.

We have already started our frag operation and it is comming along....

Do some research on what it takes to make a living in lieu of a hobby from marine. I would estimate that 5 fail for every one that makes it and very few make a living even in the best of locations. The ones who make it also already have connections for wholesalers, suppliers, lines of credit, insurance, who the customer base really is, and a deep knowledge of the hobby --- more importantly, the industry.

Look before you leap.

Thanks for the advice... I dont plan on jumping in to it head first i am doing as much research on the industry and making contact with wholesalers.

I plan on just selling frags from home for the time being and see where it goes from there.

Do some research on what it takes to make a living in lieu of a hobby from marine. I would estimate that 5 fail for every one that makes it and very few make a living even in the best of locations. The ones who make it also already have connections for wholesalers, suppliers, lines of credit, insurance, who the customer base really is, and a deep knowledge of the hobby --- more importantly, the industry.

Look before you leap.

Ooh ooh, I want one!

Sign me up for a frag or two when you are ready to sell. I'm stocking my tank slowly so I should have plenty of room left when your stock comes around.

zkirby

Back