Loaner lights in Seattle for 20" tank? (Newbie awaits ordered lights!)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Playapixie

Any kind soul around Seattle who would be willing to loan me any lights that will fit on a Solana 34 (20" wide)? I'm setting it up on monday or tuesday but it may be a few weeks before the lights I special ordered come in. I don't need much, just something to keep the already-established corraline algae on the live rock alive while I cycle the tank and get things going. Let me know, thanks! ~Dawn

I wouldnt worry about lighting the tank while it cycles. There will be no livestock in it. I dont think it will hurt your corraline much either.
If I am wrong about the corraline, someone please kick me.

PS welcome to RF.

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback; that's even easier. It may actually be a couple of weeks before I have the light I'm ordering, though; how long is the pretty corraline I paid extra for going to live if it takes a while to get the light?

You should be fine. The coralline will survive. It may fade if it is a couple weeks, but it'll come back. If not just re seed from scraping on someone elses tank.

I have a light you can borrow if you promise not to be a sucky loser and never give it back. Nothing fancy, just a 24 inch T5 fixture but it will do the job for you.

Back