lobo and zoanthids?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

taichimaster

I have a lobo that I just placed on top of a rock that is fully encrusted with radio active dragon eye zoas. Just wondering if the two touching each other will do harm to either one. I am more concerned for the lobo...

with the lobo we have anything that is within a few inches of it gets zapped at night when it extends the feeding tentacles so I would think it would be able to fight off some zoanthids, but of course yours might be different. I do believe in general that lobos are considered to have a strong sting.

Dying Brain

I have a green lobo brain that has been doing really well for months now and all of a sudden it looks like it's dying. It seems to be receeding and loosing color. It's been on the bottom of the tank since I got it so nothing has changed in that respect. Anyone have suggestions on what I should try? :confused:

It is best to have both zoanthid sp. and LPS corals separated by a few inches as they both have the ability to sting and cause stress to their neighbors.

Regards,
Kevin

It seems to be receding and loosing color.
Most LPS corals cannot receive 100% of their nutritional requirements from light and require regular feedings or they slowly recede/starve due to lack of nutrition. Meaty sea foods fed a couple of times a week will maintain them. Fed 3-4 times a week and they can grow rapidly.

HTH,
Kevin

Back