LOCAL FISH STORES where they are & why we like them

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

TJL

copod
Hi Everyone,

I finally visited "A Red Sea Aquarium" in NE Seattle after hearing so many good things about them ie: nice selection of healthy animals with reasonable pricing. Thoroughly enjoyed my visit with Robert plus picked a fish and a couple frags. He told me maybe a little larger store front in the future that with a little added patronage from us will be more likely a posative event for all.

Denny's in Totem Lake with Jesse managing the Salt section has also been a destination stop for me. Jesse has more in the Softy, LPS and more common Shrooms & Zoo's selection. Also well priced and for those with other creatures they are more of a general Pet Store with saltwater being only a small part. Once again with demand creates supply.

This obviously is not the only LFS around here but hope this gets us posting our wheres & whys.

Todd

If any one know of store in the Everett/Marysville area that would be great, as I sometimes come over from Wenatchee and stay in the area. Thanks Larry

can you also post address's if avail. please as I am New to Seattle area and have no clue where all these stores are NE seattle still means a nice size area lol. or atleast a phone number.

Well there is this little old town out there in the middle of no where. Oak Harbor, dab smack in the middle of Whidbey Island. Island pet center is the reason I am in this hobby. The store is a general pet store, so not a saltwater specific establishment, the people that work there are awesome and extremely helpful. The owner Brian is extremely intelligent and happy to share his knowledge. They always have a good and healthy selection of livestock. So if you guys are ever out here, stop by and check Island Pet Center out.

Sorry,

I got so windy I forgot
"A Red Sea Aquariam" 17716 - 15th Ave NE Seattle 98155 / 206-417-2772

"Denny's Pet World" is in Kirkland 'Totem Lake' upper mall / 425-821-3800

Thanks everyone, can't wait to see whats out there - "Road trip anyone?"
Todd

Last edited:
I moved away you guys are lucky to be up there I miss the stores What about "Reef Mystique" in lake Stevens that place was great as well as Red Sea. Enjoy the area, and great deals you get up there.

Saltwater City is down in Bellevue/Redmond, just South of the 520 and East of the 405. There are some really knowledgeable staff there and some great specimens. They've all looked healthy whenever I go in there. The corals are colorful and have a nice variety.

The Fish Store, located in the University District right off of the I-5, is where I go for ALL of my freshwater needs. Their freshwater stock is healthy and staff is eager to lend their years of advice. As far as corals go, I wouldn't expect too much. However, I bought a tang from them and it's quite active, a good eater, and great entertainment!

While it is pretty far North, check out Clark's Feed and Seed if you're ever up in Bellingham. Their freshwater systems are incredible, but they also have some really nice saltwater stock. The corals can use a bit more TLC, but their fish are pretty healthy. The prices are really good compared to the more populated King County areas.

Those are my usual spots. Hope it helps! :)

If any one know of store in the Everett/Marysville area that would be great, as I sometimes come over from Wenatchee and stay in the area. Thanks Larry[/QUOTE

In that area you have Reef Mystique in Lake Stevens this is a dedicated saltwater store really nice owner nice store. In Marysville you have Jones and Company a large pet store with a small saltwater section. The next closest place is A Red Sea Aquarium in Shoreline again saltwater only and a very knowledgeable guy owns the place worth the 25 minute drive from Everett.

http://www.pnw.com/aredseaaquarium/

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3723150599

http://www.reefmystique.com/

If any one know of store in the Everett/Marysville area that would be great, as I sometimes come over from Wenatchee and stay in the area. Thanks Larry[/QUOTE

In that area you have Reef Mystique in Lake Stevens this is a dedicated saltwater store really nice owner nice store. In Marysville you have Jones and Company a large pet store with a small saltwater section. The next closest place is A Red Sea Aquarium in Shoreline again saltwater only and a very knowledgeable guy owns the place worth the 25 minute drive from Everett.

http://www.pnw.com/aredseaaquarium/

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3723150599

http://www.reefmystique.com/

Great thats is what i was looking for, The one in Lake Stevens and Shoreline sound like a must see. The one in Marysville that will be an easy stop as i'm always there..Thanks larry

+1 for Barrier Reef Aquariums

1717 NE 44th St. Suite A
Renton, WA 98056

Best Customer Service, Best selection for all types of corals and fish... I'm an avid collector and they've always got stuff that wows me...

IMO hands down the best store in Western Washington!!!

+1 for Barrier Reef Aquariums

1717 NE 44th St. Suite A
Renton, WA 98056

Best Customer Service, Best selection for all types of corals and fish... I'm an avid collector and they've always got stuff that wows me...

IMO hands down the best store in Western Washington!!!

No arguement there!!!! Undoubtly the best in the state.

wow thanks for the phone numbers and addresses I will be out looking all day tomorrow checking out the stores. I finally got approved for my house move in tues building a stand next weekend fun times than back to the stores and getting my prize corals shipped up from vegas then back in business and framers stand builders in the club.

well stopped by to stores today red sea and also barrier reef I will say great people. nice stores resonaibly priced. compared to vegas. good conversations with the folks at the stores. they will be the stores I will be buying all my fish from. these 2 stores will definanly be seeing more of me in the future a little drive from where I will be living but nice folks to deal with all in all.

Be very careful @ Reefmystique. Some corals are not what they seem at his shop. Prices are ok. I live 5 minutes from the shop and I drive to Blue Sierra and Barrier Reef, along with Red Sea.

I moved away you guys are lucky to be up there I miss the stores What about "Reef Mystique" in lake Stevens that place was great as well as Red Sea. Enjoy the area, and great deals you get up there.

LOL my grandparents live in shingletown. We come through redding once or twice a year.

On the subject....BRA is about my only shop I regularly attend for the customer service and great selection....as well as the bomb sales.

Blue Sierra in Issaquah is/was a great shop to visit. I say is/was because they're going through a transition right now due to lease issues. Their shop is effectively half the size it was before and construction is still in process so they don't have a lot of stuff to choose from right now. Hopefully, once they get done with construction they'll get back up to speed. I'd hate to see them go under.

Blue Sierra Aquatics
90 Front Street South
Issaquah, WA
425-392-5360

Back