LOCAL FISH STORES where they are & why we like them

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Blue Sierra in Issaquah is/was a great shop to visit. I say is/was because they're going through a transition right now due to lease issues. Their shop is effectively half the size it was before and construction is still in process so they don't have a lot of stuff to choose from right now. Hopefully, once they get done with construction they'll get back up to speed. I'd hate to see them go under.

Blue Sierra Aquatics
90 Front Street South
Issaquah, WA
425-392-5360
Their moving most of the store front to Renton. Their Issaquah store will be more of a showcase for the maintenance side of the house. At least that's how I understand it.

There is midway tropical fish and pet in Des Moines/Federal Way

lately they have been having a good selection of fish coming in.

Some corals are looking pretty good as well...
uhh yeah

Yeah can't say a lot about Midway personally as far as livestock but can find some good deals if you look for them. (johnpeezy) do you work there? I am in Federal Way as well so not a whole lot of close shops. Indoor Reef is pretty good. :shock: Aquarium Paradise :shock:

Yeah can't say a lot about Midway personally as far as livestock but can find some good deals if you look for them. (johnpeezy) do you work there? I am in Federal Way as well so not a whole lot of close shops. Indoor Reef is pretty good. :shock: Aquarium Paradise :shock:

well I do work there, just not very much only Friday Saturday, and Sunday....if I feel like it. and pretty much any other time I feel like it.

There fish are nice man, good stuff (I can compare cardboard boxes w/all the other fishstores around if I must...). As for corals, we had some issues with our friendly distrubitors mixing orders up a few times too many then trying to charge us for it, so we quit dealing with em.

If you ALL could be so kind the next time your in the store could you let the saltwater kid know how WONDERFUL looking and CHEAP his corals are. It would make a world of diffrence.

I am only one person and my COMPLIMENTS only go so far.

I live in Marysville and the best one so far is Barrier Reef my wife and I and kids take the drive alot

I know the drive I feel for you. I made the drive from Marysville to work in Redmond for 2+ years then finally moved. Now I have more money to spend on my tank :)

Blue Sierra is NOT going out of business, just had to split their building with another shop and are in the process of rebuilding... had to take down all their systems to move them over, and will be stocking them within the next few weeks. Nice shop, I like it a lot.

Been to Blue Sierra, Denny's Pet World, A Red Sea Aquarium, The Fish Store (Seattle), Saltwater City (Bellevue).

I would have to say my favorites tend to be Denny's and ARSA. Jesse at Denny's knows his stuff! He's a great guy, and has been helping me build my aquarium since day 1. Bought my Longnose Hawkfish from him :)

A Red Sea Aquarium in Shoreline is great! The guy that owns it is always friendly, willing to help out/give great info. I've gotten my Diamond Goby and Foxface from him there :)

I would highly recommend either of them to anyone. I live in Everett, so I don't get a chance to go to any of the farther ones out unless I'm bored, or on my way to Tri-Cities.

People say that Jesse knows his stuff... I've seen him sell anemones and pearlscale butterflyfish with a scorpion and a host of reef-safe, non-reef-safe, and otherwise incompatible fish... All to one couple. I don't trust his judgment on fish compatibility, dunno about coral, he's so-so on the basics. Having talked to him a few times, I dunno. I wouldn't call him an expert.

I agree totally with Red Sea and Barrier Reef. I try not to go to Barrier much as they have ALOT of acros etc that i want but cant have with my current tank. *pout*
Red Sea has a nice $10 and $20 selection, and the owner is very knowledgable and an all around nice guy..lol
just my .02

Back