Local Fish stores ??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

KRMNAL1

Hi guys I am looking for a closer LFS than Blue Sierra, I live in Monroe Wa. so Issaquah is a bit of a drive and Denny's Pet World seems a bit high $$ wise.

Thanks
Mike

There is always Saltwater City in Redmond... or is that considered Bellevue ?

Last edited:
mower7 said:
There is always Saltwater City in Redmond... or is that considered Bellevue ?

where the heck did they move to ?? I thought they were on Northrup way but apparently not. I ended up going to Blue Sierra and bought my first corals :shock:

Hey Finn, nice website but I didn't see an address

Last edited:
I was never at the old Saltwater City but am told it was bigger. It's on, I want to say, 124th on the north side of the street in one of the strip malls west of like Magnolia HiFi and the Salvation Army.

I love there knowledge there and there live stock is at least as incredible as that of Blue Sierra's, but they just don't have the space to have the selection that Blue Sierra does. I tend to alternate between the 2.

Hello,
Thanks for telling everyone about me Martin! Kahuna Corals is a new business set up primarily for internet sales but I warmly welcome walk in customers with a 20% discount. I should be recieving a shipment of corals late Tuesday. So if you want to come to Renton and you want my best selection email me for a Wed walk in.

Much Thanks,
Barry

SWC is a great store. When I was first setting up my tank, I actually got most of my LR at Blue Sierra--because of their anniversary sale. But a couple of days later I went to SWC to get just a little more LR. All I picked out was what the owner classified as rubble and so he didn't even charge me for it. Very friendly, knowledgable staff, I'm hooked.

Their prices are higher than, say, DPW. At least on most things. But I give them as much business as I can. Sometimes I just can't do it though... for example, when it was time for me to buy a clownfish (false perc) DPW had nice looking ones for $20 and I think SWC was $35. Ouch. But I still always give SWC my business first if I can.

one caveat on SWC -- I've bought zoos there a few times, good selection, but I luckily quarantined them because all of them have come with a healthy batch of (assumingly) predatory nudibranchs. Keep your eyes peeled if you buy corals there. I have no idea how you'd get rid of them if they ever ended up in the main tank -- they're so small and well camouflaged.

slw71881 said:
one caveat on SWC -- I've bought zoos there a few times, good selection, but I luckily quarantined them because all of them have come with a healthy batch of (assumingly) predatory nudibranchs.

Wow... I had always believed that SWC quarantined everything that came in. :eek: Thanks for the info. I really like their store and selection, but I just can't justify their prices. I really do try and support them if I can.

Jeff

Hey slw71881, you know how to knit ??
i saw your knitted hat and that's awesome, i wish i knew how to do that kind of hats !!! i'm a beginner only so i'm still learing.... you knit like a pro :).

Sorry to hijack, i just saw it and i couldn't resist myself :p .

horseflesh said:
Their prices are higher than, say, DPW. At least on most things. But I give them as much business as I can. Sometimes I just can't do it though... for example, when it was time for me to buy a clownfish (false perc) DPW had nice looking ones for $20 and I think SWC was $35. Ouch. But I still always give SWC my business first if I can.
what store is DPW? and i think the $35 clowns at SWC are true percs, and that's why they're more, cause i think i've seen ocelleris there for $20-25

There is one in Lake Stevens called Bridges pet and water garden. I was there last week and they had IO on sale for $36 160 gal bucket.

ECHRIS said:
There is one in Lake Stevens called Bridges pet and water garden. I was there last week and they had IO on sale for $36 160 gal bucket.

Bridges has a few corals and several tanks of SWF. It is not a reef store like the others mentioned, but worth checking out if you are in the area. I never have bought live stock from them, but I do go there to buy my large buckets of salt.

I live in everett and go to Bridges as often as I can I really like the store. I also go to only one of the I guess you guys call in Denny's pet world Petco in Lynnwood because I love the woman Char that works there she is very knowledgable and oh so friendly! They are only allowed to get tank raised stuff and I like that plus they are the only one out of all the petcos that has corals(at least that's what I was told I never have gone investigating it). The prices are also a bit more on the affordable side also. I have never had a single problem with anything I have gotten there. I am sure everyone has there own opinions though, but I like going there.

Back