long tentacle anenome not lookin so good

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

koyoteturtle

sargasm fish
Hey all,
I've had this anenome for bout a month. Was doing well for the first 3 weeks, had secured itself to a rock and was eating. In the past week it has started to "walk" around the tank. This am I found it next to my Sebae and its' tentacles were deflated and its base had white areas with stringy stuff sticking out of it. What happened here? I moved it back to a cave to watch it. I smelled it..(lol)....and it didnt have the odor of death....Is it goin to be okay? Going to do a water test just to check everything.

75 gallon mixed reef
65 lbs LR
pair of Clarks
pair of Black Percula
Lawnmower
Lots of Coral
1 Sebae
1 Long Tentacle
and 1 mean little damsel

Looks like it wandered into an enemy's camp and lost the battle. Shouldn't be a problem. Try to not remove an anemone from the water, this is stressfull on it. Do a water change and run carbon, should be fine in a few days. Would love to see some pictures.

Yea...thats what i thought happened.....I know its not a good idea to take anything outta the water, just had to do a smell test......Since i moved him away from the Sebae, the white areas have began to up, but one of the black percula just wont stop trying to get back in it.....would post some pics, but the husband has the digital at work offshore....Should be home in the next few days. If its still lookin shabby, I'll snap a few for you to check out. Thanks for the quick reply, and I'll keep a better eye on the wanderin fellow.

Not sure if you intended to post this in the Marine Fish Discussion Forum or not. You may find you get more responses by posting in the General Discussion Forum. :)

I wondered about that.....How can i move it without having a double post? I've been flamed before for posting the same thread twice on diff forums.

People here on Reef Frontiers are very easy going... so if you feel you want to post the same question in the general forum, feel free! :D

Do get your tanks water parameters (test results) to post as well... but water changes and carbon always help in situations like these.

Do you regularly feed your anemones? If so, what, and how much? How large are your anemones? What type (and again how much) lighting do you have on your tank? The more basic questions like this that are answered, the better information people will be able to help give you.

Keep us posted on how its recovery goes!!! :)

Back