looking for a fish!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Scooterman

I have a 125g tank, In it one Bi-color blenny, sixline & a small purple (Fridmani Pseudochromis)
I'm looking for a small Tang or algae eating fish that would not get as large as a hippo or yellow tang or a fish that doesn't get bigger than about 4/5 inches maybe!.

Suggestions welcome!

Check into one of the rabbitfishes Scooter, thay may get a little larger than you want, but there are some beauties out there. I think Kevin has a Magnificent Rabbitfish in his display at his store, and it is a beauty.

If the algae-eating feature is to keep algae in the display tank under control, then the choice of the fish will depend upon the type of nuisance algae, diatoms, microbes, etc.

Most Tangs will get large. Some are known to eat certain algae and let others alone. Rabbitfish are less likely to control algae, but do eat (and need to eat) marine algae put into the tank as food.

Good luck!

I want one not necessary to control algae, even though I have a little green on the rocks & possibly razor.

i love powder blue tangs they're really kewl looking dood :) .
now last time i was at the lfs, i saw this cute little tiny ..ohh so lovable lawnmower blenny i believe (it had some red in him ) ..maybe scooter blenny .
i also like my new picasso clown :D , so may be you can pair up your clown with something like that .
i also like the Court jester gobys :D .... now you can always get a flasher wrasse hehe :D :p

Your Picasso will pair up with a True Prek?

yeap, i thought they were gonna fight but instead they are swimming together and happy :p :) .
someone told me that a picasso is from the true perc family?, so i guess that's why they dont' fight .

Back