Looking for a tank sitter while on vacation

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jamiehill

Utini
My wife and I are going to Hawaii for 8 days in early April and I am looking for someone in the area that might be able to stop in every 2-3 days to check on the tank and do some basic maintenence (empty the skimmer, feed the fish, etc.). I have a top off system that should last the whole time, so it should be pretty basic.

We have someone staying at the house to take care of the cat, but she doesn't know anything about taking care of a tank.

Let me know if you would be interested in doing this. I can either trade some frags or return the favor by tank sitting on your next vacation or we can work something else out.

Jamie

Maybe I'll see you there...:D We are as well. It will be our 3rd time in 3 years. I love the Big Island. Are you staying on the Kona side? Hilo?

Maybe I'll see you there...:D We are as well. It will be our 3rd time in 3 years. I love the Big Island. Are you staying on the Kona side? Hilo?

We are spending a few days in Hilo, then going over to Kona for the last 5 days. The only other island I have been to is Kauai, so it should be really fun.

You will enjoy the kona coast so much more! There is an awesome book all about the Big Island that is loaded w/ lots of good info. I highly recommend it! Here is a link any Borders or similar bookstore should have it.http://www.amazon.com/Hawaii-Island-Revealed-Ultimate-Guidebook/dp/0963942964
If you have time for a snorkel trip I also recommend going to Captain Cook Monument (kealakakua bay)sp? We used Dolphin Discoveries and really enjoy there tour. It's a smaller boat and only like 10-12 people. It's alot of fun. When your in Hilo check out the Kopoho tide pools awesome snorkeling and you can go from pool to pool.:D Have fun!

Bump again for someone local to help out a fellow reefer...:)

Much better than paid snorkle trip is to just drive the magnificent trip through the hills to the Kealakekua district and look at all the Kona Coffee farms then drop down to the Bay. Park there and snorkle on your own. Sea Turtles play and rest in the area by the boat launch at Puuhonua o Honaunau right around the corner.

After three wonderful trips to Kona, I think I much prefer Kauaii

Hi Jamie,

I think we talked about this before but we don't have tanks any longer. I could swing by once or twice. Where abouts in Everett? We are by Alderwood Mall.

COlleen

It might not be a bad idea to have a place to list some emails for people who can help out others as tanks sitters. ( i.e. "Tank Sitters Available" )

If anyone needed someone to check on a tank near me (in covington or Kent) I could probably help if I am in town. Just email (I charge in wine though)

When I was in Hawaii, I had someone check on my tank and they sent a cell phone picture of my sump water level so I didn't worry :)

Back