looking for black acrylic.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cobyb

hello i am looking for a local place to buy a piece of black acrylic, for a couple projects.
any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks coby

Hey i have some thin Black and can send a pic that i received fre and willing to give free.
DSCN1343.JPG

DSCN1345.JPG

DSCN1344.JPG

Its Then I used it on the back of my tank but could be used for other things also. Let me know

Dtech07

Here is one in Tacoma we go to.

Kel-Tech Plastics Inc
3510 South Pine Street
Tacoma, WA 98409-5703
(253) 472-9654

thanks dtech but that looks a little thin. i going to try and make a over flow for a breeding tank. tacoma is a whole lot closer for me ill have to check it oout after work thanks.

Gotcha sorry it didnt work, let me know how it works out. Would to see the end result even the build.

Dtech07

Keltech is way overpriced. I think they buy from PSI around the corner on Center St. You can buy from PSI retail, they are next door to the humane society. They have a big scrap room for small pieces and dont take advanage of you with cut charges. They carry the better cast along with the cheap extruded which is fine for internal overflows and thing like that.

Don

I was wondering if PSI moved or went out of business Don... I was taking my wife to an appointment on Cedar st. the other day and it looked like they weren't in that warehouse by the humane society anymore. I hope I'm wrong... But I didn't see the big "PLASTIC SUPPLY" sign that used to be on the end of the building.

Nevermind... I did a little search and found this. I hope this doesn't screw up what a great retail store they were. Their website doesn't list a location in Washington yet.

Curbell Plastics, Inc. Announces the Acquisition of the Business
of Plastic Supply, Inc. in Tacoma, Washington
Orchard Park, N.Y. (October 11, 2010) - Curbell Plastics, Inc. is pleased to announce the acquisition
of the business of Plastic Supply, Inc. in Tacoma, Washington.
Plastic Supply will become one of Curbell’s 15 sales and distribution facilities strategically located
throughout the United States. The acquisition is part of Curbell’s continuing efforts to increase their
national presence and it will allow Curbell to improve the service provided to customers within the
geographic region. Curbell is committed to investing resources to improve the infrastructure of the
business and to enhance the buying experience for both new and existing customers.
"The acquisition further expands the reach of Curbell Plastics’ broad product line and exceptional
customer service within the Western United States, while also offering a trusted channel to market for
our supplier base,” says James Forcellina, Curbell Plastics Regional Director – Western US.
To learn more about Curbell Plastics, please visit www.curbellplastics.com. To speak with a
Curbell representative locally, dial toll-free 1.888.CURBELL (1.888.287.2355).

Last edited:
Yes they are now curbell but they are in the same location with the same employees.

Don

Yes they are now curbell but they are in the same location with the same employees.

Don

Phew,thats a releaf... These folks are great. Last time I needed a specific piece of scrap that I couldn't find in the retail area. The employee took me into the warehouse and tracked down exactly what I needed. They have everything you need for plastic construction.

For anyone that doesn't know where the Humane Society is... Here is Curbell plastics address...

Curbell Plastics
2404 Center St
Tacoma, WA 98409
253-627-0063

Last edited:
Back