Looking for Majano eating fish!!!!! HELP

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Salsaking

Salsa soon in Safeway!!
I will pay good money for anyone that has a Majano Eating fish! I will even return the fish if you want. I have plenty of corals to trade as well. Please help if you can.

Salsaking

Eric

Also free salsa for life! lol

No such animal.
You need to kill em one at a time. The fastest way is a styro cup filled with boiled hot water and a hypo. One small squirt in their mouth or face turns em into soup. Seems a daunting task, but a few here and a few there, pretty soon will be gone even in a large tank like yours. Train Mikey to do it :>)

I had pretty good luck with a Raccoon Butterfly and a Kleins Butterfly in a tank with many majanos.
The down side is they ate the fringe off all my button polyps.

There are several fish that will eat Majano anemone, as with some of the Butterfly fish posted above. The problem is, they will all also eat a lot of different corals as well.

good point, though I had no problem there is no guarantee. They may also nip at the mantles of clams. Buyer beware

The problem is, they will all also eat a lot of different corals as well.

Well that's the point isn't it. Parrotfish, almost any trigger, most puffers, filefish, almost all butterflys, large and medium angels, etc. They love soft corals including mojanos, aptasia, zoanthids, Monti, acro, stylo, scallops, clams, snails, crabs, shrimp, etc. - Munch Munch Munch. The key is "NOT reef-safe"

Last edited:
Dont forget my shark. He ate manjos too, as long as they are wrapped in bacon.

Well that's the point isn't it. Parrotfish, almost any trigger, most puffers, filefish, almost all butterflys, large and medium angels, etc. They love soft corals including mojanos, aptasia, zoanthids, Monti, acro, stylo, scallops, clams, snails, crabs, shrimp, etc. - Munch Munch Munch. The key is "NOT reef-safe"

I second the boiling water thing. Its what i've always done as well, or slathering in kalk paste. Works like a charm. Just gotta do it, and keep doing it until they're all gone.

So no one has a majano eating fish? There has to be someone with a fish that eats majano!!

I second the boiling water thing. Its what i've always done as well, or slathering in kalk paste. Works like a charm. Just gotta do it, and keep doing it until they're all gone.

Try an Undulated Trigger horned Porcupine puffer or Raccoon Butterfly If you put those fish in there don't expect to keep any coral. My puffer/trigger/butterfly tank had mojos at first but they seemed to vanish when the fish showed up, I didn't know what they were and was upset that my fish ate my baby anemones. Put the majano's in a dark place like your sump they cant grow without any light or cut um out with a drill.

Back