Looking for sand in the Seattle area

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

alki

Anyone know where I can get good sugar sized dead (not live) sand in or near Seattle? I have heard some home depots occasionally carry this, but I have never seen it.

I am looking for about 100Lbs or so and would rather not pay top dollar at any of the LFS for sand, and dont want he crushed coral most of them have.

Thx for any help

If you mean Southdown sand..HD and Lowes stop carrying that several years ago..You will not find it anywhere as it is no longer made.

Most LFS carry Caribsea Aragamas (ooglite sugar sand), dont know if online is cheaper or not.

Blue Sierra is the only place I've ever seen in the Seattle area that carries (or carried) dry bulk sand in several grades. Its been several years since I ve bought any so I don't know if they're still selling it that way.

Hmm thanks I will try Blue Sierra and see if they still have it.

The best sand I have ever found was "live" sand from Petco, but it was very expensive, you know for sand.

Thanks but I only use new sand for new tanks. I bit the bullet and spent 80 dollars at sierra. It wasnt nearly enough, I think I need to spend 80 more :(

............................for sand.

Back