Looking to add a fish, need advice

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mbindon

Hey everyone,
I've been quietly reading these forums for a while and appreciate all of the good advice on here. This tank is my first venture into saltwater and has been up for about 5 months now with everything going well. I was wondering if my tank could handle another fish or two, and if so I would welcome suggestions that would be compatible with my current occupants. This may sound incredibly dumb or inexperienced, but I would prefer to add a blue fish for some extra color in the tank.

My tank:
55 G, 50# LR, 40# Live sand, Prizm Deluxe Skimmer, 2 Maxi Jet 1200 Powerheads, 260 Watt Coralife Lunar aqualight CF

Livestock:
Yellow tang
Lyretail Anthias x2
Orange spotted Diamond Goby
Lawnmower Blenny
PJ Cardinals x3
Coral Banded Shrimp
Peppermint shrimp x2
Emerald Crab x2
Snails and Hermit Crabs
Sand sifting Starfish that is now missing a leg and apparently being eaten by someone in the tank
Blue-stripe Mushrooms
Green and Pink Wellsophyllia
Pink, Red, and Green Zoos

dont add more fish just start adding corals to make your tank look more productive but if you feel that you want a fish then look at a clown fish and a anemone.

It looks like your tank is pretty much full, right now, and in fact...start looking forward to getting rid of that Yellow Tang, unless you plan on upgrading to a 90gal. tank or bigger.

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!!

I would let your tank be for awhile before you consider adding any other fish. Do you have plans on upgrading? If you absolutely feel you want another fish, I would go with something small, or exchange a fish out. Do you have anything in mind?

Thanks for the replies. I had a feeling I was drifting towards overstocking :) I'll hold off on putting any other fish in. No plans to upgrade the tank right now (actually no funds to upgrade the tank).

Back