Lots of NewBee Questions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

straycat

New to reef & saltwater, not new to freshwater. Lots of questions about reef aquariums.

1. Does anyone have a simple drawing of the parts and flow of a reef aquarium. I see pic's of the hardware it takes to make one work but it's meaningless at this point not knowing whats what. Closed loop, open loop, filter dry? wet? Etc.

2. Thinking of building my own tank, why don't you see more "L" shape tanks?

3. What is the best and quietest set up you can have and still have all hardware under the cabnet in the same room?

4. What exact brand of silicone for aquariums

More questions later! Thanks, Lon

Welcome to the hobby and Reef Frontiers!!!

straycat said:
1. Does anyone have a simple drawing of the parts and flow of a reef aquarium. I see pic's of the hardware it takes to make one work but it's meaningless at this point not knowing whats what. Closed loop, open loop, filter dry? wet? Etc.

See if this helps out: The Plumbing and Waterflow Workshop

3. What is the best and quietest set up you can have and still have all hardware under the cabnet in the same room?

Depending on the equipment you are going to purchase (whatever suits your budget and room availability under the stand), you might just search around for opinions on specific brands. Also, once you compile a list, you can post it up, and see if folks have strong opinions on potential purchases.

4. What exact brand of silicone for aquariums

I just use 100% silicone, clear.

Hope this helps!

Thanks a bunch, guy's

Great info guy's , saved me alot of searching time! If I can't make heads or tales of the info I will be back with more questions. Have a great Christmas, Lon

Yeah Linkki can hook you up. Also Known as Nikki, the link master, or Linkmaster N. or the Linkanator, or Ms Linksalot. LOL
Welcome to R.F. glad your here. Nikki is a very good person to know. Somehow she knows where everything is.
Merry Christmas.

Back