Lunar Tracker

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have not used it, but after reading the description from the link - I think it sounds pretty cool. If you try it out, let us know what you think. I'd be interested in feedback on how it does long term.

It might trigger some spawning. Here's a quote from the thread: Surviving vs. Thriving

mojoreef said:
Good topic Nikki. It is really a tough question and hard to really know for sure. With reproduction on one hand you could say yes Reproduction couold be seen as a sign of good health with corals it is further down the energy budjet. But in saying that thier are certain conditions that need to be in play in order to trigger spawning events in regards to corals. So a Coral could be healthy and spawn or it could be in less the good health but have the right precursors available for spawning.
I used to have a moon light on my tank, and every time it would go on my urchins would spawn, this would trigger the clams and so on, it would literaly cloud the tank. It was hard to tell if the corals were also spwning as you couldnt see into the tank. I eventually took the moonlight off.

funny - i was just looking at the lunar tracker and thinking of ordering a set for my tank.

i think spawning would be a good thing as it would be food for corals and all. depends on if everything decided to spawn all at once and it would cloud your water and who knows what may happen then. :)

yea its is a good thing for sure. In my case thier was just a bit to much of it.

Mike

Back