MACNA 2005 Pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Its a flow device like a Tunze, but only the impellor is on the inside. The bulk of the unit is attached to the outside of the tank via magnet. Also, they are making it have a battery back up so it can run for awhile when the power goes out. An awesome idea. There is a link to the product in the Plumbing workshop - it was posted yesterday.

Charlie - it is in Houston.....but.....there is the Western Marine Aquarium Conference in April. That will be held in Sacramento. :D

dgasmd said:
What can I say about this? :D
08.jpg

hey that is my shoe in the bottom right :D weeee I finally made it on the internet whooo hoooo.

zhenya said:
Yeah, really nice tank but I was afraid to ask Mr.Saxby what this thing may cost...since I couldn't possibly afford something like that anyway. However, I thought as well that tank and equipment was incredible.

That Deltec tank and equipment sold for roughly $60,000. I met the new owner, and he was very pleased with his purchase.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Wish I could have seen everyone. It looks like you had a good time. I personally don't find D.C. as fun and/or fascinating as most others but I still desperately wanted to go. A combination of one client and one airline put a wrench in the works.

I'm glad everyone had fun.

Curtswearing said:
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

hey thats my quote lol.. :D yeah DC is not so much for me, but the beer was flowing and that is all I need. And the 48 oz steak we had at the "best stake house in DC" I know they charged like it was :eek:

Thanks for the pics, nice to see Gene's friendly face in a picture too :)

That outer/inner powerhead thing sure does look neat. Any idea on pricing [smaller than a tunze I'd guess means more expensive?].

Gotta go next year ...

Mark - I don't know about the pricing - I would suspect it to be more expensive than a Tunze, but who knows since it is a new product. Here is a link to it: VorTech Propeller Pump.

Gene, Alberto, or Chuck - did either of you take the pic with Alice, Gene, Mike and I? I haven't seen it posted.

Marc said:
That Deltec tank and equipment sold for roughly $60,000. I met the new owner, and he was very pleased with his purchase.

Marc,

I'm glad the new owner is very happy, believe me when I say this that I would be as well. Perhaps some day... :D

Nikki,

Since Chuck took it with my camera...I'll post it here. :D
And, by the way, I've heard that it may be slightly cheaper than tunze's streams, however I doubt it would be very significant difference.

IMG_5452.JPG

Thanks for posting some great pics... I didnt get away from the frag booth much,
it was nice meeting you in person Nikki..

i love the vortech pump, exciting new toy...er toy :)

It was nice meeting Chuck, Nikki, and Mike, It was a busy show for all of us. I can't wait for Houston to hopefully meet more members from that side of the US.
Here is a few pictures that I had time to take.
DSC00001.jpg

Thomas Pohl inventor of Zeovit came to the US for the show.
DSC00005.jpg

Gary Madl(Captive Oceans) importer of Zeovit BubbleKing and Reef Ceramics explaining the Reef Ceramics to customers.
DSC00003.jpg

Picture of tank at the Zeovit booth
DSC00009.jpg

Alexander Griz also flew in from Germany

That is about my only pictures, had great turnout at the show.

Well, shoot! I'm sorry that I didn't get to go this year. Sure did miss seeing you all. Alice! I'm so glad that you had a chance to go and spend some extra time in DC.

Great pix!

Sorry you missed it, Cath! We had a great time and there were no boats involved this year. ;) I kinda wore myself out though, lol. Maybe you can make it next year to Houston!

Okay, here are the 13 megs worth of pictures. I did break it up over 6 pages, so it shouldn't be too bad for y'all. I still need to edit 5 brief videos, and will add those to the Cool Stuff page later.

MACNA XVII

Thanks for the pictures Marc ... You took a lot for sure ... thanks for sharing.

Oh, in the vendor section you have this quote

This tank was one of the raffle prizes, donated by Marineland. Note the stand is wavy, an the doors followed that same contour.

I think you forgot to mention the nice reef crystals bag in the right part of that picture :)

Back