Macnaxx

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yes, all set to go. Get the tickets now, as they go up again at the end of the year. Right now they are $109 including the banquet, which is literally at cost. Go under travel info to book your hotel too (you don't pay for that yet) as the hotel WILL BOOK UP. The rates are $119 a night (usually $250-300).

My wife will literally kill me if there is not a big contigent from Seattle. She grew up in Monroe, and was a police officer for the Seattle Police Department for years before I lured her to Atlanta. The only way I got her here was to agree to retire on Bainbridge Island.

It is the national conference - Marine Aquarists Conference of North America (MACNA). About 1200-1500 people, 100-150 exhibitors, speakers, numerous raffles, etc. over a 3 day period.

Go to www.macnaxx.com for more info.

Ready to start a new club up here??
That could be a lot of fun. I may be getting extremely busy in the coming months, but I don't know what my schedule looks like for now. Unfortunately, I'd have to put a club towards the back of my priority list. But I'd definitely get involved, I just don't think I could be a main organizer right now.

This is the last chance to get the $109 price for MACNA 2008! The price for the conference is only $109 for all three days including the banquet and trade show, but will go up to $129 after December 31st, 2007.

Other Confirmed MACNA speakers:
Dr. Bruce Carlson
Dr. Sylvia Earle
Eric Borneman
Anthony Calfo
Dr. Alex Brylske
Dr. Kimberly Cobb
Michael Cottman
Jake Adams
Dr. Al Dove
Ray Davis
James Fatherree
Cathy Sakas
Larry Jackson
Marj Awai
Jim Walters
Dr. Rob Toonen
Scott Fellman
Robert Fenner
Phillip Root
Stephen Pro
Christine Williams
Matthew Wittenrich
Kelly Jedlicki
Charles Delbeck (will confirm in April due to potential schedule conflicts)

More speakers will be confirmed soon.

Last edited:
Back