MadMax's Humble Mixed-Reef (photographs)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MadMax

Promoter
I decided to pick up my i-Phone tonight and snap a dozen or so photographs of my mixed reef.
The Tank is a Redsea MAX650, 175-gal. glass display and sump, coast-to-coast overflow, and 800 watts of T5 lighting
All photos below were taken Monday evening, November 18, 2013
Thanks for looking!
Kevin
(Anthelia Coral hosting my new Wyoming Whites)
1-1.jpg

(My two Blue Tangs among some SPS, clams, and bright yellow leather)
2-2.jpg

(I am very fortunate to own a Redsea MAX650S, an incredibly engineered Reef System!)
3.jpg

(Notice my Regal Angel at the bottom-center part of photo, but still very shy)
4.jpg

(Photograph taken from the Left-end of display tank towards center)
5.jpg

(My new pair of Wyoming Whites Clown fish getting along just great with our resident Percula)
6-2.jpg

(Blue Spotted Jaw Fish are incredibly comical in nature...but notorious jumpers too!)
7.jpg

(A Full Width shot of my mixed reef at night. I beleive in lots of liverock for healthy reef husbandry.)
8-1.jpg

(I prefer "Lord/God/King/Sailfin" or simply "Sir Sailfin" Thankyou very much")
9.jpg

(Electric Scallops still never fail to intrigue me....they're simply awesome creatures!)
10.jpg

(Blue-Spotted/Yellow-Tang Jungle Fever. Don't you be judging them now! LOL!)
11.jpg

(This Last one is my favorite. Its got to be THE most colorful photo I've ever taken!)
12.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look over a few pics of my humble Reef system!
Kevin T. Adams - Garden Grove, CA

Very nice tank Madmax! Didn't realise the i phone could take such great pics!

Beautiful tank. " (I am very fortunate to own a Redsea MAX650S, an incredibly engineered Reef System!) ". It's worth it. Thanks for sharing.

Amazing colors all around your tank! Nice mix of corals and kool new clowns already hosting... Wish mine would host lol got lots of euphyllia's everywhere with no luck like yours :music: Cheers!

Great tank I'm interested in your scallop experience. How is it having one? Does it knock over stuff or smash into any of your corals? How often does it move around?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, just wow. You have a great fish and coral collection.. That tank is a work of art :D

I have your sailfins twin brother. Is yours a hybrid of the Indo-Pacific and Red sea as well? I have never seen another like mine before. And mine is "Lord/King of the Tank" as well :p

Great looking tank. Thank your for taking the time to post pictures. I especially like your picture captions. That cross breed relationship is hard to not talk about though.

Thank you all so much for the compliments! It really means alot to hear such support....you guys are awesome!

Here are a few more photos, again taken with my i-phone (no special gear or apps used)

(Straight on shot of entire tank, taken 11-20-13)
13-1.jpg

(Up-shot taken near center of tank; from substrate towards water surface)
15-1.jpg

(Rare dual shot of Blue-spotted Jawfish and Candy-cane Goby)
14-1.jpg

(Another Up-shot with Purple Tang sneaking a peek at the action)
16-1.jpg

(Wide shot of living room location where Redsea MAX 650S is located)

livingroom2.jpg

I love this system! I think I'm going to go this route on the next setup possibly the S-400 or 500 though. I hope they decided to come out with an led upgrade in the future. Overall how satisfied are you with the purchase? Any drawbacks with the system? How quiet is it? Looks amazing nice work! If I had the cash right now I'd buy it right now since Marine Depot has everything 15% off!. :)

Beautiful Tank. I like that, Lord Sailfin, mine thought a lot of himself too. Got enough tangs? Love them.

More info on your system?
How long has it been up and running? How long have you had the flame scallop and the Linkia Stars?
What sort of special care do those critters require from you?
What sort of equipment are you running on your system?

It looks great! I love the nice clean lines of the system.

Back