Magnesium Supplements??????????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

robert0762

I was wondering if any one is using the brightwell supp. I am for mag but i would like to know if there is another liqiud form from another brand that is more concentrated it seems like i have to use so much to get the proper levels

I like Kent Marine's Tech M Mag supplement... and it comes in a 1 gallon jug. I used it for a bryprosis treatment on my 80g tank for a month and I still have about 1/3 lest over. I was able to boost my mag to 1550 for over a month.

Just a word of caution, magnesium can be quite toxic to inverts and would not elevate its levels about NSW levels. In fact, I have a bottle of aquarium magnesium that I use to knock out or kill shrimp and worm specimens for study. Its effect would depend upon the inverts metabolism, things like shrimp/worms, being very active would feel it first, snails would be next and who knows what it does in the long term to corals.

Chuck

I was wondering if any one is using the brightwell supp. I am for mag but i would like to know if there is another liqiud form from another brand that is more concentrated it seems like i have to use so much to get the proper levels

Easiest and cheapest, good old Epsom Salts from your local health store. Have been using for over 2 years now and no problems at all!

Stewart

Do you use the 2 part recipe or just epsom

I used epsom salts to bring magnesium up from initially zero when setting up and use epsom salts to replace mag lost during 2 weekly waterchanges. I use Seachem Magnesium 3tsp per week supported by testing.

Stewart

I used epsom salts to bring magnesium up from initially zero when setting up and use epsom salts to replace mag lost during 2 weekly waterchanges. I use Seachem Magnesium 3tsp per week supported by testing.

Stewart
That stuff looks just like epsom salts. I'm no expert but that's just my opinion

Back