Major arctic storm comming in. Warning!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Snow is falling in Bothell..Big flakes..

I hope this will not impact the roads tomorrow as my son is having a medical procedure tomorrow at Seattle Childrens.

Hope all goes well with his proceedure. All the best :)

Also, if you guys can figure out a way, send some cool weather this way and I will be happy to send you'll some heat!! :rolleyes:

All the outdoor faucet covers are in place.
Hoses are dissconnected.
Water at all around the property(except the main house) is shut off.
The pump house has the heating light on.
The generators are stationed at the different buildings that might need power.
I brought my RO-Unit inside so it wont freeze and ruin the filters.

I would have liked to gotten more water made, but I got caught with my pants down.
Which is why I saw fit to warn everyone so they could do some last minute preparations.
Only have 40 gallons to spare, enough for top offs and one water change. Hopefully I can get in a half a day sometime in the next week. Otherwise Ill have to make my RO at the main house in the garage where its warm and setup to accept an RO-unit and its waste.

Now I wait for it to hit. Maybe even spare a little sympathy for the dogs and cat, and let them in the garage for the night.

Wind chill of about -15 here, happens every year, just SSDD

Not really fair when you start below 10 degrees....

Almost snowed out of Montana on a trip yesterday. Then almost snowed in!

We couldn't land in Billings or Helena, made it to Bozeman, then almost didn't get out of Billings. De-iced twice while they plowed the runway, and finally got out.

The runway is behind the plane in this pic.... can you see it? !!!!

113.jpg

Folks from Montana are a sturdy breed :)

Last edited:
Not really fair when you start below 10 degrees....

Almost snowed out of Montana on a trip yesterday. Then almost snowed in!

We couldn't land in Billings or Helena, made it to Bozeman, then almost didn't get out of Billings. De-iced twice while they plowed the runway, and finally got out.

The runway is behind the plane in this pic.... can you see it? !!!!

113.jpg

Folks from Montana are a sturdy breed :)

See what?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sort of funny.... the visibility to take off is roughly 1/2 the runway. Because if you can see the first half, by the time you reach 1/2 way you can see to the end. :p

Thank God for good pilots and equipment!

Just a note for equipment to have on hand. RadioShack inverter pack. These allow AC low voltage items to run off a car/rv/boat battery for many hours. Very inexpensive and some run up to 500 wats for 2-3hrs, but I prefer to run several 12w Korralas and tank heater to limp by for 6-9hrs. Safer and quieter than generators. Besides, you can recharge the batteries w/the generator if need be via charger. Anyone remember the snow that killed power for weeks. Even gas stations couldn't pump.

Have a safe holiday ahead!

Sigh....
The septic is all backed up. That can only mean one thing...frozen turds.
How fun is that! Gotta start digging in the snow.

Just a note for equipment to have on hand. RadioShack inverter pack. These allow AC low voltage items to run off a car/rv/boat battery for many hours. Very inexpensive and some run up to 500 wats for 2-3hrs, but I prefer to run several 12w Korralas and tank heater to limp by for 6-9hrs. Safer and quieter than generators. Besides, you can recharge the batteries w/the generator if need be via charger. Anyone remember the snow that killed power for weeks. Even gas stations couldn't pump.

Have a safe holiday ahead!

Hey quick question on that, would you recharge the battery directly from the generators 12v DC ports or use a regular battery charger on the generators 110v?

I guess at that point it would be best to hook up the inverter to the generators 12v or just hope the generators 110v is clean enough not to cause any trouble

I'm a generator n00b :oops:

shoot i was working in woodinvill when it came and it took so long to get home

Back