making pom pom xenia stick

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

volivier

my super glue gel is not doing the job on the pulsing pom pom xenia, they stick fine, then next morning will be loose on the bottom. I've got it in a jelly jar with plastic screen over the top now, and sure enough it came loose again. What can I use to make it stay?

Some use rubber bands (loosely) on soft tissue critters for fragging. Others hold it in a rock crook with another piece of rock. I prefer using a cup of rubble with an open mesh cloth cover such as tulle (veil material) held on by a rubber band. The xenia will eventually attach itself to a piece of the rubble on the bottom of the cup, and that can be glued wherever you prefer. Works great for fragging any softy.

there isn't much "stalk" to the frag, so I put the band over the top of the polyps to hold the base to some rock?

I use filter bags with some rubble in it. I position it about 5-8" in front of a ph and they seem to take hold withing a couple of days! Occasionally they will take hold to the netting and in that case I just cut apart the filter bag, pin it underneath a rock and wait for the Xenia to move onto the rock.

Back