Man Poisons LFS Tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I don't understand why someone would poison this stuff.. It's insane.

I just don't get this. Why would someone do this. This makes me sick. To think that this business is probably already struggling in this economy and then this. I sure how how the local fish community can help this LFS store make it. I wish this store was closer so i could make the trip.

Well Hopefully there are some local aquaculture people in the area that the store deals with. I know for example if BRA suffered a loss like this and I had my brooding system going I would supply them with whatever I could to soften the blow.

We are having something similar to this going on here around our natural reefs by fishermen that aren't Bahamians. I won't say which country they are from, but they illegally fish out our waters and bleach the reefs in an attempt to get the crawfish to run out of the reef so they can catch them. The bleach destroys the reefs and is actually against the law here, but this group of people could care less. Also, we have seasons set up for certain fish like groupers that you can only catch them at certain times of the year and these guys come in and fish them out year round. The Bahamian Denfense Force tries to run them off, but there is only so much they can do (or should I say, I don't think they are trying hard enough). If they don't watch out, all of our reefs will be destroyed and tourism is our # 1 industry here. :doubt:

Krish- Are you saying that tourists wouldn't travel to the Bahama's if it wasn't for the reefs/ocean/and beach? I always thought it was for the deep cultural studies.

On a serious note I am hoping that LFS everywhere aren't forced into a knee jerk reaction because of a few idiots.

Krish- Are you saying that tourists wouldn't travel to the Bahama's if it wasn't for the reefs/ocean/and beach? I always thought it was for the deep cultural studies.

To study these crazy monkey's we have running around here?? :confused: :lol: J/K

oooooooo

sw50sw8sw578.gif

J/K

That would a felony here in Missouri. Have patience, they'll get him.

Nick

Back