Mandarin Dragonettes-!?!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Green Water is more commonly known as phytoplankton, the plant plankton. It is referred to as green water, as that is the color of the culture water. :D

It can be used to feed clams, rotifers, etc.

-Josh-:cool:

Pod fusion!

Yes the diatoms are normal and should pass soon. Did you see the mandarin pics I posted on this thread?
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18449

Hi Brendon--I'm confused between the 'pods! Help! Is it just copepods that Mandarins want? What about amphipods and lol--some other pod--I forget! Anyway, is there a difference? If I have one type, do I most likely have others? I have tons and tons of little white flea looking critters in my tank and in my refugium, and have been wondering about a dragonette.
Thanks

I have tons and tons of little white flea looking critters in my tank and in my refugium.
That is copepods and is what you want. Amphipods are generally larger. How large is your tank and how much LR. You want to make sure your tank will produce enough to keep it feed.

Brenden-
Yeah I checked out the pics. The Mandarin is beautiful! I look forward to getting one in the near future.

That is copepods and is what you want. Amphipods are generally larger. How large is your tank and how much LR. You want to make sure your tank will produce enough to keep it feed.

75 gal with about 90 lbs of rock from various sources. Maybe an inch of sand. 30 gal refugium with 5 inches of live sand, some rubble, and tons of chaetomorph and caulerpa.

Sounds pretty good. Just keep a eye on it and be prepared to buy live pods if you need to.

They aren't difficult at all once your tank is fully established and you are comfortable with you setup. The problems come when you introduce them too early.

all good advises and i will also recomend you reading the tropical fish hobbyist february 2007.good luck . jakleen

Salt water city sells pods most of the time. I go there and buy some once in awhile and throw them in my sump.

I'll jump on board with the "wait" bunch....I waited well over a year and added a Mandarin...it's done very well for quite some time, I have tons of pods and he looks fat and happy

Back