Mandarin Drogonet, and clown fish?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ummm this is a very addictive hobby. Just as druggies go from one drug to a different drug, reef keepers go from one tank to another tank...usually larger. Eventually, your future 55 gallon won't even be large enough!!! Oh and I'd suggest a 75 over a 55. That extra 6" front-back is a HUGE improvement. 55s suck for aqua-scaping, with only 12" of depth!!

I love this hobby and all but i really dont like doing water changes in my 29 gallon tank so i think i would HATE doing water changes in a 75 there for i dont think i will get a tank that big.

I am going to try to find a bow front tank i think. Slightly smaller or slightly is ok, but i just got rid of my 75 tank and stand this morning because just looking at it made me dislike water changes even more. :D

I am thinking about setting up another tank just for pods. There is a local pet store that sells live brime shrimp too.

So if i were to try "growing" the pods myself to feed to the mandarin, also tried to "train it to eat frozen/dry/prepared foods, got out the clown, and the goby and just left the shrimp for him it would be possible. Correct?

Now if i were to do this and felt like after a while that the mandarin wasnt doing too well or something is there any one out there that has a tank that can support one? That way if it doesnt work out he wont wither and die he will have some place to go. If i cant find a back up home for him i wont do it.

I have thought about it and i think i am willing to put in the work to have one. I really do think these fish are amazing.

I probly wont get around to actualy doing it for a couple months because i would first like to turn my tank into a reef and get used to it being like that befor i go on the adventure of the mandarin.

Thanks for every ones help and opinions.

Sorry as1720. Thought I had read you had two Anemonefishes.

Training a pod eater is relatively easy. It takes time, patience, and the use of a quarantine process. Anyone can do it. Most fishes will train. Some additional information for you: Pod Eaters

Thats ok lee! Thanks for you help! I know you are just trying to do the right thing by the fishies too! lol

I will bookmark all the links every one has suggested and when i am ready to start the mandarin project i will let every one know how it goes. Untill Then its onto making the 29 gallon a stoftie/zoo tank. lol

Thanks again every one!

Just remember to read the whole thread befor replying to some one! (unless its like 20 pages long then just read the last 5 pages) :D

Sorry as1720. Thought I had read you had two Anemonefishes.

Training a pod eater is relatively easy. It takes time, patience, and the use of a quarantine process. Anyone can do it. Most fishes will train. Some additional information for you: Pod Eaters

Back