Manjo eaters

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Is there any reef safe manjo eaters? Thanks!

None that I know of, in fact the only thing I've heard of that eats them are nudibranchs.

I wrote an article about my experience with them:

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-05/bp/index.php

However, their diet is still poorly studied and it is unknown if they would attempt to eat other more desirable or larger anemones.

The other problem is supply, I no longer have any of them and the Breeder I sent them no longer has a working email (to my knowledge). Maybe you could do a search on the scientific name from the article, but I haven't ever seen them for sale.

Brian

Thanks everyone!

I only have a few so i might be better off just manualy getting rid of them.

I have tried every creature that supposedly will eat them. Nothing would touch them. Foxfaxce, copperband, racoon, nudibranch. Joe's juice or other concoction is the only thing that works for me.

Is there any problem/risk with removing majanos by hand? Can I accidentally spread them even worse than they are now? I have a big problem in my new 120...the majanos came in with the live rock and now they're all over. My new copperband isn't eating them. I have some "joe's juice" on the way, but it seems like they're multiplying by the hour.....:(

If you leave any part of them it will regrow new ones. Joes works great. Just stay at it until they are under control. It is possible.

Back