mojoreef

Reef Keeper
gimmito_fts31.jpg

Tank of the Month March
Gimmito's 450 gallon custom L
Owner:
gimmito

Tank Size
450 gallon. 6'x 4'x 30" custom L-shaped acrylic tank made by Kritter tanks.
gimmito_fts1.jpg

gimmito_lighting1.jpg
Lighting
3 lumenmax elite reflectors hung on a custom aluminum rack , 3 lumatek 250/400 switchable ballast, two 250 watt radium 20k se bulbs (left right sides), & one 250 watt ushio 14k bulb in the center.

Filtration
H&S A250 recirculationing skimmer. A 40 gallon gravity fed fuge with various red macro and sea grass in it.

gimmito_sump1.jpg

gimmito_LS61.jpg

gimmito_LS21.jpg
Live Stock
10 seale cardnilfish, 5 McCoskers wrasse, 1 mystery wrasse, 1 red filamented wrasse, 3 yellow assessors, 1 midas blenny, 1 lawnmower blenny, & 1 blue face angel fish.

Date Tank Was Started
July 2009

How Did You Get Into This Hobby?
The kids came home from a birthday party with some feeder goldfish and of course they all died. Being the good dad that I am, I went to the lfs to replace them, but made the mistake of walking down the saltwater fish isle. Needless to say, I came home with a 55 gallon and had no idea what I was getting myself into. We soon started a second story addition and I made a deal with my wife that she could remodel the rest of the house, just leave me the area where the fireplace was...the rest is history
wink.gif
gimmito_LS81.jpg

gimmito_LS4.jpg
What Was Your Favorite Part of The Build?
All the DiY portion of the tank and seeing the tank coming together.

Dosing and Schedule.
The tank is still young and I'm not dosing anything at the moment. I try to stick to weekly 10% water changes.

Feeding (Fish and Coral) and Schedule.
I feed the fish 2-3 times a day with new life spectrum pellets, rod's food, pe mysis, & H20 foods.

gimmito_LS71.jpg

gimmito_LS9.jpg
Do You Have a Favorite Fish and Why?
Although he nips on my lps corals at times, it would be my blue face angel fish.

What Is Your Favorite Type of Coral?

I'm new to sps scene and am enjoying the various colors and types there are.

Link to Gimmito's build thread: Gimmito-450-gal-l-shaped-display

Last edited:
Didn't I always say it Jim????? Congrats!!! Well deserved as your system was a great build!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been following this build for well over a year. First class all the way. It's so clean and organized and the filtration area in the garage is almost as impressive as the tank itself. Congrats Jim. It's well deserved.

Didn't I always say it Jim????? Congrats!!! Well deserved as your system was a great build!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Krish for being there from the get go (it's been three years !) and the rest of the staff at RF (Mike, Frankie, Todd, Kirk, & Lorrie) for all your advice and support along the way. I'm not quite done yet...but it's coming together.

We've been following this build for well over a year. First class all the way. It's so clean and organized and the filtration area in the garage is almost as impressive as the tank itself. Congrats Jim. It's well deserved.

Thanks Eric & Becca...that's means a lot coming from you guys !

Congrates Gimmito!! Your tank looks awesome. Make sure you let me know which Sponsor you want me to give a $50.00 gift cert. for ya!

Mojo

CONGRATS! Jim, well deserved for such an impressive system/build. This will be one of those Reeftanks that will gain a huge following as it matures, one that many many of us wish we had the room for and/or spouses approval for.

Cheers, Todd

Congratulations again.

I just wanted to add a couple extra pics. I, for one, really like this part of the filtration on his tank.

gimmito_refuge1.jpg

gimmito_refuge2.jpg

Back