Marine Aquarium Expo 2011

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MadMax

Promoter
THE PROCESS HAS NOW BEGUN!.....
April 2-3, 2011​

MAX2011AD.jpg

If there were enough interest we would certainly consider it, but that would be a very expensive venture for us transporting man and equipment all the way to Washington State. If a local club were willing to collaborate, I could certainly work out a consultation/management package that would benefit both parties. Nonetheless, there has to be a large enough demand in the area to make it work. You would need a minumum 20,000 sq. ft. venue and guaranteed attendance of well over a thousand people to make even the smallest MAX-like show be successful

I bet it could happen. There are sooooo many people in the washington area that would be involved and would like to attend. I'm sure you would capture the attention of people in Spokane, Idaho and all the way over to Montana as well. Not to mention Oregon, and the whole washington coastal area. Look into it some more and get ahold of the PSAS. It would be freakin' awesome!

If there were enough interest we would certainly consider it, but that would be a very expensive venture for us transporting man and equipment all the way to Washington State. If a local club were willing to collaborate, I could certainly work out a consultation/management package that would benefit both parties. Nonetheless, there has to be a large enough demand in the area to make it work. You would need a minumum 20,000 sq. ft. venue and guaranteed attendance of well over a thousand people to make even the smallest MAX-like show be successful

Well, I'll put my support in!! Considering we hosted a BBQ/Frag Swap, for our club, at our home last week and had 45-50 people turn out. A lot of local club members didn't attend because they were camping or otherwise out of town. We're just one of 4 or 5 clubs in the Pacific Northwest that'd attend, with much larger clubs located in Seattle area and Portland area. I'm sure if MAX came to Washington state, there'd be NO problem getting many more than 1000 people to attend. You'd be pulling people from N. Cali, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Washington, at least!! There'd probably even be quite a few people that'd come down from Canada.

IMO, Spokane would be a great "central location", but Seattle would probably work out even better! I'd imagine that the Seattle Aquarium and Tacoma Aquarium would want to get involved, as well!

We're all for it. We would love to attend and/or even help with an event like this. Just like Michael said, look at the support the locals clubs get at their events. It's amazing how many of us there are in the immediate Puget Sound area, let alone surrounding states. Seattle would probably be the best venue because of easy travel access now with the LINK light rail connecting the city to the airport and a vast array of accommodations. This is our Noob opinion.

+1 for a Seattle MAX

The whole of Puget Sound area plus a draw from Vancouver, BC to Portland, OR to Spokane, WA and surrounding areas I don't think there would be an issue getting well beyond the 1,000 people per day for an event like this. I'm sure that most of the regional Reef Clubs, LFS and sponsers to this site and others would do a fine job of promoting a northwest show. As far as place for this event you should inquire to the availability of the Key Arena, without the Sonics around I believe they are a little more eager to rent the facilities out then in the past.

Lets do this, Todd

I gotta bump this one to the top, because I know we can get a lot more people than that. Let's REALLY show them why we want MAX to come to Washington.

Back