marineland DD 200g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I believe we saw one of the 200's in stock at Aquarium Paradise the other day for $2500.00 with stand and canopy. Awesome tank. Wish we had room for something like that.

I believe we saw one of the 200's in stock at Aquarium Paradise the other day for $2500.00 with stand and canopy. Awesome tank. Wish we had room for something like that.

Does that come standard with ich and overpriced livestock. :lol:

Hey I wonder If these could be ordered under group discount!

I have gotten similar estimates from Barrier Reef and Blue Sierra in Renton and Johnas at BSR is getting one custom for me as a peninsula, just waiting to see what Tax time will determine if I go for a 250DD $1749.99+custom changes. Not bad for a tank only, but the warranty is only for 90 days on a non Marineland stand--in this case since mine will be DIY, otherwise 20yr warranty. I am also told it takes awhile to get them w/ a hefty deposit$$$. But hey, you'll have plenty of time to pre-plumb run and install extra water processing barrels! I should start a build thread soon.

McLendons has the 65gallon semi-transparent vertical w/1.25" bulkhead--just finished installing ATO
I have made the decision to go with this tank it has dimensions that i want. do you know any LFS that can get this tank? i will probably be ordering it around tax time. what do you guys think about this tank?

here is the link to to the tank well this is the 150 version
http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3730+15496+22044&pcatid=22044

Aquanut, I'm not sure where you're getting your warranty information, but I think it's a bit off, unless they've recently changed their policy.

On Marineland Deep Dimension tanks, at least when I purchased mine, about 18 months ago, if put on a Marineland Stand, they carried a Lifetime warranty. If put on any non Marineland stand, they carried a 2 year warranty. I actually just double checked my warranty card, to confirm this, and it was the case, with my 200DD.

Haha! A comedian :rolleyes:

FYI, if you have a problem with a company regardless of if they are a sponsor here or not, I think it would be best to keep it to yourself and not criticize them in public. RF doesn't condone bashing other forums or buisnesses.

Last edited:

Haha! A comedian :rolleyes:

FYI, if you have a problem with a company regardless of if they are a sponsor here or not, I think it would be best to keep it to yourself and not criticize them in public. RF doesn't condone bashing other forums or buisnesses.

Also against policy, maybe he should read the user agreement?:confused:

Last edited:
Alright, to get back on track, I can tell you that you'll really be happy with the 200 DD. I absolutely love mine. A couple things I'd recommend:

If given the option, don't bother spending the extra money, for Starphire glass.
1. It's a softer glass, due to a lower lead content. Because of this, it scratches more easily. Grrr
2. Viewing my tank, and photographing through the glass, A LOT, I can't tell a difference, between the front pane, which is Starphire, and the sides, which aren't.

IF you build your own stand, which is very doable, make sure to pay particular attention to the location of the holes that are drilled in the overflows. They are VERY close to the edge trim. Just be sure to take this into consideration, when building. It'd be really easy to accidentally block access to these holes.

Get a Step Stool!!! With the 27" depth, reaching the bottom isn't easy...lol. Especially if you need to reach the bottom, more than a couple inches away from the front. Placing the rock, towards the back of the tank and on the bottom, was a PITA!!

Invest in a couple good pairs of LONG grabbers!!!

^^thanks for the advice i use to own a 36" cube. pain it the butt when it comes to placing rocks and corals in. then i moved to a 29" tall 225g tank. i just like the front to back on this setup and the fact that its the same footprint side to side. im just gonna stick with their stand. that way i get the lifetime warranty because the wife said this is the last tank i will ever buy!!! lol

oh that makes sense. i can just build a stage for it lol if its not tall enough!!! i dont have to worry about the inside on the stand because my sump is in the garage.

How do you plan to light your tank? Mine is lit with a 4 and 6 bulb Tek5 T5HO fixtures.

If you decide to go MH, you'll want to put a lot of thought into reflectors, in order to spread the light over as much of the 36" front to back, as possible. Something in the Luminarc series might be a good choice. On of those, on each side, would probably work out very nicely.

thats a nice tank and if you can get over to Jone's and pets in Marysville they have one set up and they sell them too.

Marineland warranty on the Perfecto site states this...

I hope your right Sid, but this is what I found on the manufacturer's web site. I guess I'll find out when I firm the order next year.

Perfecto Aquarium Company Info:
Phone Number: 317-773-6627
Web Site: www.perfectomfg.com

Manufacturer's Warranty Info: On aquariums 65 gallons and larger, when purchased with a Perfecto aquarium stand, the warranty to the original purchaser against manufacturer’s defects is twenty years. On all other products, and on tanks 65 gallons and over purchased without a Perfecto stand, the warranty period against manufacturer’s defects is 90 days from the original date of purchase.

Aquanut, I'm not sure where you're getting your warranty information, but I think it's a bit off, unless they've recently changed their policy.

On Marineland Deep Dimension tanks, at least when I purchased mine, about 18 months ago, if put on a Marineland Stand, they carried a Lifetime warranty. If put on any non Marineland stand, they carried a 2 year warranty. I actually just double checked my warranty card, to confirm this, and it was the case, with my 200DD.

Back