Marlin's 130

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

marlinmero

Marlin
Well i started the swap this after noon so here we go.
IMGP0002.jpg

IMGP0006.jpg

i got aways today if i didnt have to stop and go to lowes and then here and there cause the girlfriend needed stuff. i could have got a litte farther. That and cutting the damn crown thing for the over flow. Got a nice little nick on my foot from the sawzall. lol oh and sifting all the old sand was a pain. But here are the pics so far.
IMGP0010.jpg

IMGP0012-1.jpg

IMGP0013-1.jpg

IMGP0018.jpg

IMGP0019.jpg

out the girlfriend to work picking out critters
IMGP0015-1.jpg

Even put the dog to work cleaning up
IMGP0017.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great, the only thing i would recommend is to have one of the drops screened and on full siphon. Using the other one as a safety, flowing at a small rate.

Nice thats good. The full siphon on one side will make it a ton easier to adjust and tune. Just have the safety ( overflow) be all the way open, and adjust using the siphon.

I would never restrict a overflow. Too easy for something to clog one and then you'd lose half your drain capascity.
Plus there will be less noise with two overflows sharing the load.

Hope to see some pictures of water in it today.

This is where i stopped last night after being shocked. The hose i was useing to pump water back in had a slit in it that only leaked at certain angles. Well i hit the angle and it sprayed water on the lights in the holding tank at gave me a little buzz.
IMGP0020.jpg

This is suppose to be my dining room
IMGP0021.jpg

yeah i left em both wide open. to test i had one completly shut off and the one kept up great. so i just leave em both open just for safety. the one made a little noise so i stuck these strainers in and now its silent and i have extra snail gaurds now.
IMGP0029-1.jpg

Back