max comfortable temp for soft corals

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

divebud

What is the maximum comfortable temperature for soft corals? Currently the tank is between 76 and 81 with 2 fans running fulltime.

I dont like getting them up over 84 myself. The big thing is no fast swings up or down

Mike

Thanks for the quick info. I'm in the process of testing temp variances throughout the day, before I order my lights. I seem to be able to keep things around to 80 degree mark +/- 2 degrees.

I can keep 80 with 2 48 inch regular flourescent lights and 2 small fans. I can add more when I get the new lights installed.

Just got some digital thermometers in the tank and the sump. Temps seem to be settled in at 78 with the lights on and 2 small fans.

Got all the lights in 6 x 54watt T5's. With fans I have held 80 deg +/- 1 deg for the past three days. I can mount the ballasts outside the tank hood and get the temp down to probable 77 or 78. Is it worth the trouble to drop the temp 2 degrees or is 80 ok ?

I like ~78-79 in the morning, 80-81 with lights on is a-okay in my book.

84 and I start to get worried, but 82-83 is fine. 85 they're stressing and 86 you're goning to be losing stuff.

Back