May Meeting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Charlie- that's just mean. you better leave that camera at home.......

I agree Rob ...... maybe we should get a few of him :) If I remember right I wasn't the only one drinking that night ..... there were a couple empty bottles after that weekend :)

I promise to be good for you though Rob, besides I won't have my camper as an excuse to crash

I agree Rob ...... maybe we should get a few of him :) If I remember right I wasn't the only one drinking that night ..... there were a couple empty bottles after that weekend :)

I promise to be good for you though Rob, besides I won't have my camper as an excuse to crash

I am not the one who committed the mortal sin of falling asleep at the fire, when you knew full well I had the camera :):)

hey all, i took a trip to Spokane to watch Julie run a 1/2 marathon. boy is watching tough. on the up side, i got to stop by Kevin's on the way home. i just couldn't leave with out a few new prizes :)

Michael- you should post up a link to your "frags or sale" on a different board. you might be able to bring a few things over and pay for your gas!!! and a little extra :) i didn't see any LPS, Acans or Echino's.... do you have any of those for sale????:)

Vicki- do you come around here at all? you have a candycane i'd like to get a frag of if you have any you'd part with? email me at [email protected] or PM me here. maybe we can work something out?

anybody want to drill my tank and put in a second closed loop?????? Just kidding, well for now.....

rob

hey all, i took a trip to Spokane to watch Julie run a 1/2 marathon. boy is watching tough. on the up side, i got to stop by Kevin's on the way home. i just couldn't leave with out a few new prizes :)

Michael- you should post up a link to your "frags or sale" on a different board. you might be able to bring a few things over and pay for your gas!!! and a little extra :) i didn't see any LPS, Acans or Echino's.... do you have any of those for sale????:)

Hi Rob, It was good to see you, at Kevin's! Even though I didn't put it together, until we were pulling out of the parking lot. Sorry about that! Must be my old age!

I've posted the frags for sale, on 4 different forums...lol. Unfortunately, I'm selling corals, hopefully, to pay for a couple unexpected bills. I wouldn't be selling any, right now, unless it were financially necessary. As for LPS, Acans and Echinos, I'm waiting to frag any of those, until I get an Inland DB-100 band saw, to cut them with. It'll allow me to make much more delicate cuts than I'm able to, with the wet tile saw.

Sounds like you guys are having to much fun!!! Wow your tanks are all looking AWSOME!!!! Wish I had room in my new homestead to set up the 90, Im so Jealous.

Sorry guys. I won't be able to make it afterall. I have tickets for Always...Patsy Cline at the Whitefish Theatre Co. I look forward to hearing all about the fun you will be having and seeing the photos. See you next time.

we never did post a time. Julie says that after 4:00 is best for her. sounds like we'll have a light turn out. there is always so much going on this time of year :) on the upside, that will just leave more tacos for me!
if there is time maybe you camera types can take a few pics and i can start a tank thread? we can certainly talk about lights as i need a complete re work of my lights. PC's and Spider light reflectors-- expensive junk!!!!!

I will see you guys around 4ish then . . . bringing guacamole. Just thought I would ask - does anybody want any pink leather? Mine just dropped a bunch of chunks that I could share. Yup, bringing the camera. You really need to get one, Rob. More stuff that's expensive :) I would also like to maybe chat about filtration options too - specifically coast to coast and what that's all about.

glad you're coming Kim. i'm a little over extended already with expensive hobbies :):):) not to mention i don't have the patience for a camera. i do like to look at nice photos like yours and Charlie's.

Thanks Rob. It's fun taking them and then seeing what I got. I hear you on the expensive hobbies . . . no more for me! I've got enough.

Thanks for hosting Rob and Julie. I had a great time . . . good discussions and the food was excellent. Here are some photos of your tank, which is looking really good.

acro.jpg

blenny.jpg

clam.jpg

coral-banded.jpg

frogspawn.jpg

hammer.jpg

May-21-2011_0176-copy.jpg

May-21-2011_0178-copy.jpg

torch.jpg

huge-clam.jpg

You guys really have to remind me to take some pics of us! I get so busy taking tank pics I forget to get some shot of us half the time.

Kim

Nice pictures as usual Kim. Thanks Rob and Julie for the good food and conversation. Hope the candy cane does good for you, if not you know where you can get another one.

i hope you all had fun. i did.

Kim your pics are great, the colors are right on. that is my problem with pics, the color is never right....

thanks Vicki for the frag, now i just need to find a place for it!!! let me know if you have trouble with the frag i gave you. John really had fun with Guy.

And thx Julie for the funny dog stories

Oh my gosh . . . I'm still laughing about all the funny stories! You tell a great story, Julie, and I love your no-nonsense, zero drama approach to life - the kids, the animals - everything.

Kim your pics are great, the colors are right on. that is my problem with pics, the color is never right.....

Rob, I actually go in and tweak the color, etc. in Photoshop Elements to look more like what I remember seeing. Sometimes the lights can add weird colors, and too much blue. There are some handy options for changing the exposure in the software when you open the file (especially RAW photos vs JPEG). What kind of camera are you using? I can give you the original photo files if you want to use them for anything.

Back