May's 90 gallon Mixed Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping Santa will bring me a macro lens for x-mas and then I'll be able to get some nice detail shots. In the meantime, I'll try some different settings, get out the tripod and see if I can get some better pictures. I'll try to channel Brie.

On another note, I've decided to be brave and get a calcium reactor instead of an automatic doser. I'll install it after I return from the holidays... keep your fingers crossed! I'm looking at the GEO Calcium Reactor 418 or 612 w/ Eheim pump and AquariumPlants.com's Electronic Co2 Regulator. The electronic regulator is getting rave reviews and is supposed to make bubble counting much easier.

Last edited:
May,,,that 's looks great,,very nice tank you got there,,great rock work wow!!
and your pink Sanddallars frag is growing in my tank,,it 's gonna cost you more if you leave it too long in my tank J/K:lol:

Oh no! I'll have to pay a rental fee for the space. ;) ... It's tough, we live on the opposite ends of the planet...

A few pictures from this morning! :D

The redish purple shots are the sunrise/sunset which is 2 bulbs and the more the blue shots are all 8 bulbs, if you're wondering about the difference in color.

ORA Borealis movie

Today, I made my first short movie in iMovie. I used continuous shooting mode and my new macro lens (thanks santa!). Take a look:

May's ORA Borealis

Also, I've been taking macro pictures of the coral, it's super fun but a bit challenging. I'll make sure to post 'em when I get some nice ones. I'm still trying to figure everything out.

The recent posts about photography tip have been helpful! :)

Back