Me?? A Granpa??? VERY SOON!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

An update.

Patience is back in the hospital with sever Jaundice. I guess it was almost to the point where they would have needed to do a blood transfusion. She went in yesterday afternoon. Her number have fallen since then, from 28, yesterday afternoon, to 18 last night, to 13.7 today. I'm pretty sure they'll keep here at least one more night, and maybe even keep her until Monday. But, at least things are improving.

Oh scary! It sounds like she is getting better tho, good news there!
My son had to stay in the hospital when he was born for a month! He was a preemie. I thought about it again the other day when they had that baby in the news that was 19lbs!! Nick was a whole 3lbs 13 oz!

Well, the news just keeps sounding worse!! Now they're suspecting she "May" have a blood infection. They need to culture a sample of her blood, for another day or two, before they'll be sure. They're suggesting that it might be a type of Strep, which would keep her in the hospital for 10 days. Then they made comment to the possibility of the "possible" Strep turning into Menengitis. If that's the case, it'll be at least a 3 week hospital stay. We hope to know more tomorrow.

The good news is that the Jaundice numbers are still dropping.

Last edited:
I hope everything is allright! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

Well, the news just keeps sounding worse!! Now they're suspecting she "May" have a blood infection. They need to culture a sample of her blood, for another day or two, before they'll be sure. They're suggesting that it might be a type of Strep, which would keep her in the hospital for 10 days. Then they made comment to the possibility of the "possible" Strep turning into Menengitis. If that's the case, it'll be at least a 3 week hospital stay. We hope to know more tomorrow.

The good news is that the Jaundice numbers are still dropping.

Reefhead, welcome to Reef Frontiers!!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

It would seem that they've finally found something growing in the blood samples, although they still haven't IDd what is growing. So, broad spectrum antibiotics, via IV, and at least another week in the hospital. Grrrr

She must have talked to Barbie. I was gonna come over Wednesday, but I got to go see my lawyer, so that kind of puts the end to that.:(:(
Are you guys at home now? Is your duaghter OK with all that is goin on? I hope so!!!!!

We are home, but spending some time, each day, up at the hospital. Amber's doing alright, considering. Her sister, Kaytlin, has been staying with her, as has her Mother. If they can't be there, one of us usually is. Lately, she's had so much company that she's probably not getting enough rest...lol. So, we're cutting back on the time we visit. They came here last night for dinner, and probably will again, tomorrow. We're only 10 minutes from the hospital, in busy traffic.

So sorry to hear about this! Just read this and am hoping that everything is going OK! She will get better just give it some time and as Charlie made clear have a COLD one! Oh yeah and have one for me as well as I am stuck in a mining camp and can't even have a beer!

Sorry to hear that she's not doing well and has to stay another week in the hospital. Have they ID'd what it is yet or are they just hoping antibiotics will cure whatever it is? I hope she gets better soon.

Still no ID. At first, they mentioned possible blood infection, then they mentioned UTI, now they're telling us that a bacteria has finally started growing in the petri dish, from a blood sample. She's been on antibiotics since Sunday. I believe they took another blood sample to culture, today.

The thing that kinda has the doctors scratching their heads is that she's behaving totally fine. She's eating well, awake and alert when she should be, peeing and pooing well....

I think it's going to end up being a "wait and see" ordeal, and give her antibiotics, through IV, just to be safe.

It's actually been hardest on Madison. Since Patience is in NICU, they don't allow anyone under 12 in to visit. Madison's having a really rough time not getting to see her new niece and not really understanding why she can't. Lately, she's taken to referring to the staff, who won't let her in, as "Silly Doctors!!"

Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They've meant the world to Angie and me!!

Back