medical grade supplements

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SDW

I was wondering, could medical elements used for IV administration for people be added to a tank without harm and provide the supplementation our tanks require. I have access to "waste" of IV products like mag, and calcium that is excess that I might be able to use instead of throwing away at work.

i don't know about the products themselves, but you could use the tubing to drip your top up water/ kalk in...
i would save some and see if anyone in Spokane needs some next time you come... or ship some...

It really depends on what the actual supplements are. If you have a calcium chloride, it should be ok, or a magnesium chloride or sulfate. But you need to make sure they are pure, not that they have lots of other things mixed in with them.

Kim

I was wondering, could medical elements used for IV administration for people be added to a tank without harm and provide the supplementation our tanks require. I have access to "waste" of IV products like mag, and calcium that is excess that I might be able to use instead of throwing away at work.

I think my fish are a little stressed, can you send me some of your "waste" valium and morphine to setup a stress relieving drip? I will trade you a frag :)

LOL, Good idea. Why haven't I thought of that, that would be a good way to feed my addiction (the tank). I could even give out "samples" to get the fishies used to the idea :D

Back