Member of the Month - January 2007

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MtnDewMan

RF Premium Member
Congratulations to Chris&Barb for being our January 2007 Member or the Month. Chris&Barb has been a great asset to Reef Frontiers. Always willing to lend a handful of advice and provide experience to other members.

Visit Chris&Barb's January MOTM writeup and send a congratulations when you get a chance.

Thanks for being a great supporter of Reef Frontiers and Happy New Year!!!!

congratulations guys!!!!!! those are really nice setups you have there!!!! i just wish i could get my girlfriend to be in the hobby with me!!!!!!!

Congrats Chris!! Glad to see you as MOTM! :D Enjoy your month in the spotlight, but don't get any posts edited:p

thanks everyone:)

yes Charlie its a great way to start off the New Year!!!

Ron, it is fun doing this with Barb but somehow my arms always seem to be the wet ones.

Thanks Jake and Agustus!!

Thanks Krish, ill try not to post anymore Sesame Street photos :p

Congratulations Chris & Barb Its a great way to start the new year!

I realyenjoyed your write Up Chris & Barb.I have a question on the Clam tank.
Do you just have only the Polymnus clownfish in there or do you have any other fish?
On the use of a quarantine tank How long do you quarantine your clams before Introducing them into your 75 gallon tank?
I really like to common sump idea Gives the reef a extra break and some thing for them clams to work on :)
Do you keep any clams in the 180 tank?

Again a very Nice set up and again Congratulations....Jeff

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that big Island tank that you can view from 3 sides. Do you have any pics of the sump in the basement you could post here?

Congratulations Chris and Barb :)

I looove your peninsula tank. ;)

Congratulations Chris and Barb. Very nice setups you have and well deserved.

I realyenjoyed your write Up Chris & Barb.I have a question on the Clam tank.
Do you just have only the Polymnus clownfish in there or do you have any other fish?
On the use of a quarantine tank How long do you quarantine your clams before Introducing them into your 75 gallon tank?
I really like to common sump idea Gives the reef a extra break and some thing for them clams to work on :)
Do you keep any clams in the 180 tank?

Again a very Nice set up and again Congratulations....Jeff

thanks Jeff

fish and Haddoni anemone' don't really get along. we had this anemone in the 180 for a few years without any problems. then it started eating our fish. about 3 months ago we were down to 4 fish in the 180 so we decided to break down the tank, go BB, add the closed loop and move the anemone to the clam tank. for a few weeks we only had the 2 clown fish in there but there wasn't enough movement so we made a deal with our LFS for 50 green chromis. were down to 20 after 2 months.

i try to QT everything for 4 weeks but im just as impatient as the next guy and sometimes if things look good ill move them earlier.

we dont have any clams in the 180 because of the pygmy angels. we have 2 Flames now and im trying to talk Barb into getting 2 Potters next

Back