Mesh mod on sea clone 150

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

as1720

Female Hermit crab
Would it make this thing any better? We have a 125 gal that we would like to be a FOWLR. Would it work for that type of tank or would we still need a bigger skimmer?

That skimmer is utterly worthless, sorry...:cry:
and really has no business on a 125g..
Im guessing that it would make virtually no difference at all, meshed or not.
I put mesh modded maxijet skimmers on up to 20g only...
and the seaclown mabye on a 5g...:razz:

hey now its a maxijet 1200! Thats gotta be worth something!

OK ok i will buy a new skimmer geesh! Nothing wrong with trying to be cheap!:badgrin:

I have a mesh modded maxijet 1200 on my bak pak skimmer it'll work ok for my 29 gall though right?

Any reccomendations for a good but "cheap" skimmer for a 125 FOWLR?

Well we have a flat back hex i would like a sump/fugi but dont think we will have enough room, but under the stand it measures 17x 42 plus the angled sides which will be empty and im afraid empty/wasted space.

But yes there will at least be a sump how big im not sure yet depends on how big i need it lol.

I know the bigger the better but its the shape of the stand im going to end upmwasting a lot of space.

Im trying to find a smaller flat back hex to put under it so im not wasting ANY space. lol Or we will go have one custom built. :D

You don't have to fill the whole stand with a sump..
You can get away with a smaller sump no problem..
Your gonna want a little space for little things . you may want to add a phos or media reactor some time and have to put out side the stand...

No i wont fill the whole stand i would like to fill one side of it and have the other side free for extra stuff in the future.

But it would fill pretty much the whole stand with a standard size sump, so we are going to go have one custom made to fill in the sngled corner. It will be a sump/fuge.

We are just getting ideas this month and we will start buying next month. But hopefully we will have the extra support done under the house in the next week or two. We decided to do the extra support for future up grade to a 250 gal next year. :p

Well the boyfriends wants it to look "nice" i was at goodwill trying to find tanks and almost bought two rubbermaids but he said no. lol

Oh well he is paying for it not me lol.

Back