MH Bulb and Ballast

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sabella

Hi

I am looking to put together 1 x 400 W MH light with an Iwasaki 6500K single-ended metal halide bulb 1 x 400 W MH light with a Ushio 20K single-ended metal halide bulb.

I live where the current is 220 - 240V as oppossed to 110V. I am confused as to what Ballast I am required to run with these bulbs to ensure the best results, longer globe life and over all performance. I was looking to purchase the Blueline e-ballast or similar but was unsure if it would run on 220 - 240V

Can anyone advise a ballast I could purchase in the USA can be run on 220 - 240 volts that will run the MH Bulbs noted at there best.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a blueline in use at home, they will work from 90VAC to 260VAC so I'm sure your covered,

http://www.championlighting.com/e/env/00010dexMT87gioRh05b8w7/Products/Lighting/lighting.html?link=/Products/Lighting/eballast.html

On the web-site there is a number you can call, I know they will assist you, you will require a different plug for your electrical service, other than that you should be fine, I think these are some of the best aquarium ballast made, I can tell you've done your homework on what you want, that should be a nice set-up.

Back