MH Bulb Question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

scubadoc

I have a 150 gallon reef tank with 250W XM 10,000K MH bulbs. I recently just changed the bulbs for the first time and two of the bulbs seemed a little more "yellow" than before. I turned the bulbs a little and the output on one of them changed to the more desirable whitish-blue but the other is still kind of yellow looking. Does this matter?? Will it eventually change??

I found the Reeflux 10K's to have more bluish colors in them & still have great PAR. I would see if they color up right & if not see If they will replace them for you.

I found the Reeflux 10K's to have more bluish colors in them & still have great PAR. I would see if they color up right & if not see If they will replace them for you.

How does the "blue" look on the Reeflux 10k compare to my Coralife 14k?

I have 2 150watt HQI's on my 75.

I had a reeflux 12K look just as blue as a 20K XM...I posted the pics here before with the bulbs over the tank side by side...Couldn't believe it! As for the 10K XM, I've heard some people complain about them having a yellow tint and others say they got a really crisp white color.

Here's a pretty cool link that compares different 250w bulbs over the same tank to show you the difference in color. It's an interactive site so you just change the bulbs on the bottom of the page. I think it was Scooty that gave me this link a while back :)

http://chrismorris.ca/250wcolour/

I had a reeflux 12K look just as blue as a 20K XM...I posted the pics here before with the bulbs over the tank side by side...Couldn't believe it! As for the 10K XM, I've heard some people complain about them having a yellow tint and others say they got a really crisp white color.

Here's a pretty cool link that compares different 250w bulbs over the same tank to show you the difference in color. It's an interactive site so you just change the bulbs on the bottom of the page. I think it was Scooty that gave me this link a while back :)

http://chrismorris.ca/250wcolour/

I just switched from XM 10k to Reeflux 12k. The XM bulbs were pretty white after they had been on for a few minutes. They started out real yellow.

The Reeflux bulbs are very blue. Almost like a 20k. From what I have heard they take a few weeks to break into the normal color. They have been getting a little less blue every day. They just don't seem quite as bright as the XM bulbs though.

Back