MH Lights

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

nodough

I am running 3, 250w MH lights, all are XM-10,000K and are fairly new say 3 months old. 2 of them are crisp white one cast off a yellow tint, this was also the case before I changed the bulbs, could this be something going wrong with the ballast? Any ideas would help.

Yes I have 2 on one ballast and the other on a ballast by it self. the bulb that is yellow is on the double ballast with another light.

Why don't you just move the bulbs and see if the yellow bulb turns white on a different ballast?

I would try this, as well. I remember reading threads about 4 years ago that XM 10Ks had an issue with really yellow color, but it has been a long time since hearing of these problems.

Well, I lied, here is a newer thread on RC about it: XM 10K's are Yellow

You could also check the nipple orientation of the bulb. I know some folks say this makes a difference with bulbs (as pointed out in the linked thread), although, I never noticed a difference with the color of my bulbs vs. nipple orientation, but you might want to check it out, and see if that helps.

nodough,

i had the same issue with these bulbs. It was the bulb not the ballast. the new bulb is crisp white.

Back