MH Setup Pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
i finally got everything set up..i am still waiting for my ballasts that i thought would be here today..i got a tracking # yesterday, but still no progress on them..hopefully they will arrive tomorrow..in the mean time, here is my setup..i got the canopy put on today..i put my reflectors up as well..this is what it will look like....

i am more than ready..the guy was supposed to ship my ballasts a couple days before Xmas!!!!! all i know now is that the USPS has been notified to pick up a package!!! i still need to make a few minor adjustments..i will install some fans in there somewhere..i also need to sand a bit on the inside lip of the hood..i measured it very tightly..it just barely fit on the tank..my last one moved because i left too much room..i wanted this one to fit a little tighter

nope!!! the VHO's will be gone..they are just in the pic because they are still lighting my tank until the ballasts arrive..i tried to figure a way to keep them in there for actinics, but they just don't fit.. i will probably put them on my coral qt tank..i need some good light to keep my sps alive while they are in qt

nope!!! the VHO's will be gone..they are just in the pic because they are still lighting my tank until the ballasts arrive..i tried to figure a way to keep them in there for actinics, but they just don't fit

Get a bigger hammer.:)

Don

i still have to come up with a way to get access to the tank.. the canopy is on temporarily..i may cut the front panel off and attach it somehow where i can get it on and off without having to remove the whole canopy..any ideas...

i still have to come up with a way to get access to the tank.. the canopy is on temporarily..i may cut the front panel off and attach it somehow where i can get it on and off without having to remove the whole canopy..any ideas...

Linear actuator :)

Don

do you have the human translation????

Push button, hood rises out of the way. Its pretty simple and not that expensive. The first time you scorch your arm on a halide you'll wish you had it.:)

Don

Geesh...That's sucks Ron! Stop wasting server space:mad: :lol: Looks good man! You just need some more blue in there:)

i have 2-14k bulbs and 1-10k..it should end up blueish.. i am more interested in growth though..

i just took the front panel off of the canopy..i am going to put hinges on it and just have it swing up when i need to get in there..i will take pics tomorrow when i get the hinges on it

Geesh...That's sucks Ron! Stop wasting server space:mad: :lol: Looks good man! You just need some more blue in there:)

Dont even start Krish, lol

Looks good Ron, when you get a chance, can you take a shot of the canopy lookin at the MH setup, im impressed, good luck

Well, still no ballasts today:mad: no tracking info updated either...this sucks!!!!
can you take a shot of the canopy lookin at the MH setup
my canopy doesn't have eyes!!!:D J/K...what do you mean????

i just took the front panel off of the canopy..i am going to put hinges on it and just have it swing up when i need to get in there..i will take pics tomorrow when i get the hinges on it
Hey Ron,
Maybe you could take that idea a step further. Suzie (Tangee) on the board has her canopy hinged and attached to the wall in back of her tank. On the front of the tank she attached pistons (like on a truck canopy) to lift the hood and lights out of the way. It's pretty cool. Anyway best of luck with the new lights.
Scott:)

i bought some heavy duty gate hinges today..i just finished mounting them...i had to cut a small notch in the top of the canopy for them to work..i will try to get a pic in a minute

here are some pics of my canopy..i finally finished it...i may have to take it off one more time to adjust something

Back