Micro Bubbles?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DUIdiver

Any good tricks to help reduce micro bubbles? I have a CPR bakpak 2 that I got with my 55gallon. It works fine and will fill the cup with nice dark skimmate in a day, but it produces a ton of micro bubbles.
I looked at the manual online and they recommend the bio bale as a means to help, but not sure I want to go down that road. I just cleaned up 10 gallons of water off my floor this weekend because I tried white gauze and it clogged the outlet (kinda knew it was a bad idea going into it). I read the thread on the impeller mods, but any info or directions to the thread with the answers would be awesome. I know some folks do really well with biological filtration (bio balls etc), but I have heard about them leaching nitrate back into the tank. Anyway, thanks ahead of time and happy reefing!
-Bryan

Finally ran a good dose of carbon and modified the pump from air injection on the outlet to air injection on the inlet. Works lots better and the micro bubbles are going away. I think there was just a lot of organics.

Back