Mikey's new softy tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mike thats a nice lookin tank,I like those mushrooms the red ones very very nice and clean:D
And yes the bare bottom is the way to go now!

Mike thats a nice lookin tank,I like those mushrooms the red ones very very nice and clean:D
And yes the bare bottom is the way to go now!

It has been a tough change in mindset after nearly 40 years of sand but starting to agree. Just cleaned out the sand on the sps tank for the first time ever, was amazed at the buildup. Even with a huge armada of sand sifter snails, etc, was full of particulate. Nitrates fell to absolute zero for first time, even with fuge, good skimmer, etc always had trace readings with all the feeding. Now zero. Think I will gradually remove the sand there too.

MIKE BEAUTIFUL SHOTS. Man your getting better at them there fo-toes.
I see a new home for the fishy. Them rics look familiar Me,Eric,Paul ??.
PS : is that a tyreeee toadstool.
Well done GRASSHOPPER.

Last edited:
MIKE BEAUTIFUL SHOTS.
PS : is that a tyreeee toadstool.
Well done GRASSHOPPER.

Need a better camera, this one is made for long shots, 12 power telephoto optical lens in lieu of macro.

Yep the green bump under the monster emerald green ric is my little Tyree Green Polyped toadstool from the Denver group buy. Used to call it peanut as it came in the size of a Spanish peanut. 1 1/2 years growth, is now the size of a fifty cent piece. Slowest growing leather specie I have ever seen!
We now call it Algernon because albeit a little slow, great potential.

Thanks guys.
Tracy, these are whats left after selling some and/or giving 2/3 of my softys away as bonuses.
Maybe thats why I never had as nice of polyp extension as some.

Paul, you are always welcome here. Not only did most of those red rics clone off of the one I bought from you, but most of my best corals started as Fragman frags!

Thanks Mike, I thought that a few of those softies looked familiar. I'll get over there and check out the SPS stuff too. Black Diamond is pretty close.

Paul

You know we should make a day of it. we can all meet for breakfast and hit my place,fragmans,dannos,herefishys,salsas etc and who ever we can think of to do a Tank tour. Need to rent a RV and all pile in. Have mike bring his coffee roaster and we can stay up all night long. Like the old days.
PS forgot to say I need a knap so I can stay up past 9:00 pm.

love the softys i have alot of those corals not as many rics but quiet alot of discs
i like how u have no fish in there
but some coral gobys would be sweet or just a blenny to eat algea

Back