Mikey's new softy tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Tracy, I am up for the tank tour. I have the RV... and can be the DD as well.

Mike, your softy tank looks phenominal!

Amazing how much better the softys are doing in their own tank. The Tyree Green Polyped Toadstool is 3" across and some of the rics are up to 4" across. The Silularias are record large and bright.

softytankap08oi1.jpg

ricsap08of1.jpg

sinulariaap08li3.jpg

Mike,

I love the shots of your tank. I am noping you can post a picture of your entire setup, (tank, stand, lights, etc.). I just got a 72BF and am looking for inspiration on setup.

Doran

Entire setup isn't that pretty. It has a 29 gallon tall as a sump with a octopus NW150 skimmer and a 70gph return. The lighting is a couple cheapo used looking 48" CF fixtures, each running 4 28W bulbs. Half are actinics. Circulation is from SEIO 880 and a korilia 4

Thanks gabby. They all are clones off of a single pink/red Ric I bought from Fragman about a year and a half to two years ago. Have well over a dozen and many are huge!

nice looking good are theyer no fish in there?? just get a coral goby they go awsome in the softy tanks nice ric but i didnt notice any red dics or purples or blues

Theres a Tomani tang, a percula clown, a lawnmower blenny and and a mandarin dragonette. Will be two other clowns when I can catch them out of the 180

That would be great mike. The ones to the left I think I have them, from me ????? or the ones in front????. Going to try and make a RIC rock with fishing line and a neddle. Need some different color rics.
PS I will call you tomorrw. Chow

Back