Milli stn, what are my options???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Kinerson

I'm not sure what to do if I can do anything at all. I have a WILD MILLI COLONY that is a few days into STNing. I'm pretty sure I know the cause. About a week ago one of my Bubble tip anemone's decided to test his luck with a powerhead. Needless to say he is now gone :( and I have been running carbon and have performed some water changes to help out the water quality.

So what can I do here? Can I cut off the white sections and hope it stops it?

Thanks,
Greg

If there is a lot of RTN tissue loss, Re-frag what is left and get it into some good saltwater. If no other tanks handy, do maximum possible water change

STN can be fairly hard to stop, but since you know the reason it might can help. I would definitely frag the dead skeleton off and super glue patch the white areas into good tissue. This is like a patch job and it is fairly good at helping stop the STN. Keeping water quality as stable as possible will also help.

I would definitely frag the dead skeleton off and super glue patch the white areas into good tissue. This is like a patch job and it is fairly good at helping stop the STN. Keeping water quality as stable as possible will also help.
I agree with this course of action. One additional thing I would do is take a frag off the colony and mount it in another location for safe keeping.

Regards,
Kevin

Thanks guys. One other thing, this colony has a crab living in it. I forget the name of the crab but it is a safe one. Any suggestions as to what I should do for the crab if the colony dies?

The crab will move to another colony during the night. If it doesn't then you can remove it from the skeleton and place it another Acropora colony.

Regards,
Kevin

Back